[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Cartrix/Slot Classic 1196 Universal Chassis

Cartrix/Slot Classic 1196 Universal Chassis

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Cartrix/Slot Classic 1196 Universal Chassis

Postby goosenapper » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:01 pm

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Cartrix 1196 universal chassis

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:03 pm

That looks a lot like the PCS chassis that Pendle sold me years ago, and they were great. I ought to get some to set aside for future projects.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:12 pm

Looks like it. Good little chassis.

Anyone who has used the PCS chassis will tell you they are about the same.

Have not tried this version with Cartrix parts. I would be sort of leery of the wheels as they never were famous for those :)

Still, not a bad price.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby goosenapper » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:30 am

Thanks for pointing out the slot classics chassis. I had thought that it was only for converting static 1/25 models to slot form, which shows what I know. Anyhow, I went ahead and ordered the Cartrix version. The reason being that it comes with everything needed to at least get my resin body moving. I've already blown my budget on the Penelope Pitlane resin, so I couldn't afford to outfit a blank chassis. Even if it will hop and flip, I can try to get the Cartix version stable. I'll post what I receive and report how it runs here once I get it.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:53 pm

Look forward to your report. I think it will be a good resource.

Thanks.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby goosenapper » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:11 am

I received the Cartrix chassis from electricdreams yesterday. Sure enough, stamped on the bottom is the "Slot Classic" logo. It looks like Cartrix bought some universal chassis and then outfitted them with their own running gear and wheels. For what it's worth, the wheels at least look good. I'll have to wait until Sunday to give this chassis a thorough once-over, and I will post my findings then.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:21 pm

Last edited by goosenapper on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:06 pm

This is a great report. Thanks for taking the time...I am going to pin this and add it to the reviews.

This is the kinda stuff Willis was talkin' about!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Cartrix/Slot Classic 1196 Universal Chassis

Postby goosenapper » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:10 pm

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:00 am

It sure looks like PCS32 minus the "wings" Thanks for the report! At least we know we can get more of these from various places.

Any idea of the motor RPM's? Pendles lists the one they sell with their PCS32 offerings as 18k, and I think that is pretty close to true.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby goosenapper » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:55 pm

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElectricDreamsTech » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:40 pm

We have a good-sized shipment of these running chassis on the way to us. We will inform our customers when they arrive via our weekly e-newsletter. You can subscribe on our home page at http://www.electricdreams.com. Or, of course, you can check the product listing in our on-line catalog.

Also, for those who may not have discovered them, we have several different styles of Cartrix plastic wheels as used on their RTR classic Grand Prix cars, including Porsche, BRM, and Lotus as well as the familiar wire wheels. Check our catalog under Cartrix Parts.

Electric Dreams Technical Support
ElectricDreamsTech

Postby goosenapper » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:56 pm

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bkrownd » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:30 pm

Oh no, not the dreaded blue pinion!!! :? At least it comes with nice Cartrix tires. Which size are the tires? Wish these were offered in 10-packs. Thanks for posting.
bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:42 pm

I agree. They are just right for a "buy 8 or 9, get 10" deal, with your choice of wheel sets. Pendle used to do that, but it was years ago. They sold 1000's of the pcs chassis that way.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Next

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop