Body source.

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Body source.

Postby noddaz » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:19 pm

Body source for me is flea markets and thrift shops. As examples I will share these:

First the Ford Truck, 4 door short bed of Shelby goodness.
You might notice there are no tires. As if I would have used them anyway. But that enabled me to get a special price on this "used and abused" gem. But on the internet, it didn't happen with out pictures.
Yep, there it is. 99 cents for this potential slot car.

And on to the next. The Lambo Whateveritis SUV.

And the last picture that shows this is a lightweight style body. And had potential for LED headlamps.
And the price on the LAmbo? Free at a flea market. I had to haul away a box of junk cars to get it, but who knows. Maybe I car get a tax break when I donate the rest of the cars to Goodwill.
So that is one truck body for 99 cents and one SUV body for basically free. And before anyone goes there, are the the correct scale? Is ANYTHING the correct scale... But as a famous person says, "they look close enough for me". (Thanks Harry!)

And when will I have chassis under these? :whistle:
Don't wait. It could be awhile. And sorry for my phone camera chopping off the right side of every picture.

Scott
noddaz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Body source.

Postby chappyman66 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:38 pm

Looks like a great safety crew truck! Love the thrift shops....never know what you will find.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop