[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - GTX mold thread

GTX mold thread

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Re: GTX mold thread

Postby 2fast4u14 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:11 pm

WHAT HE SAID
2fast4u14

Postby Wobble » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:18 pm

Definitely a Pontiac … any Pontiac. Pontiac is not a very common name in the 1/32 slot world. I'd like a Pontiac so I could race it and every time I put it on the track I'd tell the guy's, "I'm gonna use my PONTIAC"
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:28 pm

WOW! This is off to a quick start already!
Will definitely be looking to pick up some of these when you get them done as well!
VERY cool!
:D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby JULES » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:46 am

JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:04 am

Jules - thanks for the response, this is very reassuring. I like the Pioneer Charger chassis and will buy one from Ken with every new body he makes available. I hope the guide flag is secure and ready to go, but if not I know what to do to take care of that issue. Since I use my cars on a nondigital and nonmagnetic wood track, your Charger chassis is almost plug-n-play with these new bodies.

Though they are not a match for the cars being developed on this thread, does the future availability you state extend to the Pioneer Trans Am Mustang & Camaro chassis? This would be a preferred way to go for me when converting shorter wheelbase models to slot cars.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby JULES » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:09 am

Joe,

Yes, the current chassis that fits the Mustang and Camaro will continue to be made so Ken will easily get access to these.
It should fit most of the cars from that era that had a wheelbase of around 104 inches.

The Cuda & Javelin CAD show the current chassis nailed into place quite nicely.

Jules

Cuda chassis.png

Javvy chassis.png
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:16 am

A Pioneer Cuda. That certainly makes my morning. Thanks Jules.

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby crossovercrazy » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:02 pm

Jules,

Any updates on the $29.99 Mustang kits you said we were going to get in the states?
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:26 pm

A Pioneer ‘Cuda and
a Pioneer chassis’d Proxieken GTX !!
:occasion-xmas: :text-merryxmas:
:banana-dance:
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:38 pm

Side comment here, and I'm not going to make any friends for saying this. But, no way is a Pioneer Mustang kit worth less than a Carrera car ($31.99). The Proxie Cyclone with Pioneer Charger chassis costs $50 ($20 body & $30 chassis) and is worth every penny.

While $29.99 might work for Jules, from a quality perspective anything less than $39.99 for the Mustang kits would be less than they are worth. I'm all for inexpensive, but a fair price that keeps our hobby strong matters too.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby JULES » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:57 am

JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby crossovercrazy » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:40 pm

No Jules, I am sorry about the confusion - I just had surgery, and I am evidently delusional in my memory, from the anaesthesia.

Here's what you really said:

"by JULES » August 10th, 2018, 8:34 am

Hi Crossovercrazy (sorry, I don't know your name),

Your wish will come true in September when all remaining in-stock 'T/A' parts will be packaged up and available as either 'white kits' or 'grey kits'. First out will be the Notchback Mustang followed by the Camaro.

I'll post on HRW when they are ready to purchase. Attractive pricing? With a RTR chassis in the kit and some pre-decorated parts included, these kits should be in the $37.00 price range."

Thus, I would still be tickled with the $37 kits, in abundance. Any update on when they will be available at that price?
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:35 pm

I bought a Pioneer Mustang notchback white kit off someone on HRW a few weeks ago for $45. Not sure where they got it. Bought it to make a replica of this Trans Am car.

It's great to see Pioneer working with Proxie to make even more car kits available to fill our starting grids.

slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:32 pm

Yet another Jerry Titus car I didn't know about! Build it!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Fathead59 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:21 pm

Well , I know I will be getting one of the Plymouths , and I bought one of the Mustang white kits , not sure just yet what color I will paint it .
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop