[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1st build questions

1st build questions

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

1st build questions

Postby WaltB » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:32 pm

I'm about to embark on my first resin kit build. I nice RMS Ferrari courtesy of ky. slot racer. I've read a lot and have enough semi- dormant modeling skills that I believe I can do this kit justice.

What I don't have is a lot of 1/32 knowledge concerning chassis, detail parts and the top secret places to get them that long - timers know.

I DO know to get the mechanicals done before the lipstick so I set the body over a Slot-it 312PB chassis, it is very close. I'm also looking at the HRS series rtr chassis. Any other options? I don't need a world beater, just a good runner. I'm probably capable of building brass but do not have a place to do so, so I'm trying to stick to plastic. Any suggestions ? Adjustable wheelbase, sidewinder would be best.

I'll bug you guys about wheel inserts and decals later. :D
Thanks,
Walt
WaltB

Re: 1st build questions

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:20 pm

Mark should have given you the instructions David included with the kit. I know Mark, and if he still had them, he would have included them for sure. That will tell you exactly what chassis the kit was made to use. If you are trying to get this done in the dark, I'm sure David has the text he can send, its rather short and to the point on RMS kits. Congrats, by the way. Those are getting harder to find, and there will never be any more. I missed out on the CanAm cars myself.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby WaltB » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:24 pm

Thanks for the reply. I feel very fortunate as the kit is high detail, high quality and high on my "most wanted" list.
I'm sure Mark would have included them if available, he was great to deal with.

I'll Pm David and see if he'll grace me with the info I need.

Walt
WaltB

Postby dreinecke » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:51 pm

Walt - please check your email, Sir!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby WaltB » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:48 pm

Got it , thank you. And Sir was my Dad you know.

Walt
WaltB

Postby chrisguyw » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:41 am

Last edited by chrisguyw on Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:58 am

The HRS or HRS2 chassis is a great choice. Shoreline Model Raceways has one class just for cars with those and another class where nearly all of the cars use them.
There are some tips included in this article along with clickable links to various suppliers: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzLR42 ... sp=sharing
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WaltB » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:35 pm

Thanks for the replies, David let me know A Slot it Alfa Romeo 33/3 has the correct chassis. I like Slot it cars, they run very well on my track so I am considering the HRS series chassis. Question, what does the .5mm offset refer to? Trying to learn this stuff in high gear.

Rich, I've read that article before, very, very helpful, It should be a sticky somewhere maybe?

Thanks guys, Walt
WaltB

Postby chrisguyw » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:20 am

If you do choose to scratchbuild a chassis for the 612 , this is one I did several years ago.....it may provide some ideas.

Cheers
Chris Walker

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WaltB » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:46 am

Chris,
Nice car! I want it!

I went with an HRS, best choice at the moment. I don't have the tools or area to scratch build at the moment, can sneak in a paint job.

I have a routed, digi-analog, landscaped road course in the planning stages, but much to do on the house before that happens.

Un-till then I'm acquiring cars and turning laps on plastic and learning where to get this stuff.

Thanks, Walt
WaltB

Postby FC47 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:58 pm

(Chris that 612 and its chassis are really something!)
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop