[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - We're All "Gearheads" Here, Right?

We're All "Gearheads" Here, Right?

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

We're All "Gearheads" Here, Right?

Postby Florida_Slotter » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:36 pm

One of the things I would like to see in this area are shots of the chassis you are using.

I mean we're all "Gearheads" here, are we not?

How many cars have you ever bought in your life without lifting the hood?

Let's see shots of the chassis that you have adapted. That's another portion of your car you should be proud of. I don't care if it's simply an HRS2, a chassis from another car that you have modified, or one you have built from raw materials. I think it's important to show you work.

Everyone can learn from one another!

Thanks to all!
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Re: We're All "Gearheads" Here, Right?

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:27 pm

I agree. But some of ours are not very pretty to look at though.

Do they work? Yes. Purdy? NO :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Ember » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:43 pm

Nice job Jeremy. Love the finished product on the first one. Well, both actually.

Now a styrene chassis is something I reckon I could tackle. Sure I might still make a mess with glue everywhere, but at least I wouldn't finish up in the emergency ward like I would soldering brass.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby Florida_Slotter » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:54 pm

Harry,

I didn't know we had "bonus points" for purdy? It's all the mental thinking that went into it. I mean if we help out another by sharing our thoughts and techniques that's what this is all about. Functionality has it's own merits and just think about Jeremy's comment about the bearing holes. That might save someone from the same problem.

Bibbster,

I love the styrene chassis. Awesome. That's what this hobby is all about . . . . . creativity. Making something for yourself is such a lost are today. If you can draw it on a computer, press a button and have the finished parts for your project just comput out of the printer or other port of the computer, well it's too hard.

Now I have a couple of questions for you. Where did you find the Hornet? What scale is it? I've been wanting a Hornet for some time now. I want to build an "early NASCAR"!

Thanks for sharing everyone.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:11 pm

My "rail job" 1/25 chassis. I make these for most all Jalopy/Modified builds.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby jmsh54 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:23 pm

Some great looking chassis' here. John
Last edited by jmsh54 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
jmsh54

Postby Florida_Slotter » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:03 pm

Looking at some of these photos of folks work triggered some thoughts in my head.

There was a product by Russkit called "The Black Widow" that was sold in the early 1960's at commercial slot car raceways.

It was a 2 motor, 4 wheel drive car. Didn't really work so well, but quite frankly, it was very cool!

I'm thinking one like this might be an interesting car to have around.

Perhaps it's time to build something that's totally cool. A "TV Tommy Ivo Special"!
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Reslotted » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:04 am

Reslotted
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop