[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Mold progress

Mold progress

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Re: Mold progress

Postby proxieken » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:12 pm

proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:28 pm

Ken - as one old fat guy to another my 2 cents worth of commentary is do what suits you. All of us out here want different makes and models, some we'll find and most we won't.

My hope is you continue to enjoy what your doing enough to keep doing it without the hassles getting you fed up. There needs to be room in this hobby for a guy in a pole barn to bring things to market the big guys won't for lack of overall market demand.

You remind me of the mom and pop pizza place that can't compete with the franchise places, but when I want a really good slice of pizza I know where to go. Gee wiz, now I really want a slice of sausage and onion pizza.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:51 pm

Auuuuugggghhh!!!! Now I have to go make pizza dough. 10:30 at night, and I'm starting an hour and a half job... but I will eat well before I collapse. Pepperoni, onion, dark olive and mushroom. Okay, its not that big a chore when you really want it.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:38 pm

So, I've been watching this with keen interest since closing down RMS and not getting to finish my Cyclone. The amount of work Ken has put into this is simply amazing. I got both of mine I'd ordered and they are fantastic. The quality and parts are on-par with anything the big boys make. I am holding off on building until fall slot car season resumes for me, but I can't wait to start.

You'd mentioned you were going to fiddle with the grille - I personally, would not. Leave it and go to the next car. You're obviously a perfectionist as I am, but I am telling you that these are just perfect as is.

Well done, Sir. Well done.

:clap:
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:14 pm

Agreed.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby MrAdept » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:14 pm

Please mold a few more so I can buy one or two!

Mark
MrAdept
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ccobra » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:45 pm

I got my two yesterday and they are really sweet. Now All I have to do is decide on what type of chassis and should I print it out of PETG or ABS. Or I just might use a combination of PETG and ABS where I make the side pans from ABS and the main chassis from the PETG so that it will be allowed to flex with the suspension and slide fore and aft in the side pans. Especially hard to decide this weekend since the grand Kids are out and they like to race instead of build.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:17 pm

I am glad that the bodies fit on the pioneer chassis , because I bought I few of them off of eBay and they have different color wheels on them . Get the right color combo and paint .
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby proxieken » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:11 pm

Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback. It is my goal to get some new options on the track for people. I hope this helps in that regard.

The new gun sight grill is now good enough.

The idea was to block off the runners and only make these parts but that did not work. I made a few but it just did not act right. As soon as it cools down I will make all new parts and update the store inventory.

I was visiting my mother in law today and 3 houses down is a falling down shed with a 72 Plymouth in it. The house owner died and the place is empty so I poked my head in and took a look for some ideas for the next project. It was a 2 door Satellite but had the large rear tires common from the 70's. Only useful info was I found out where the vinyl top ends.

This thread is already quite long. When I start chewing on the next project I will start a new thread to keep you posted.
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:38 pm

Nice work Ken on those nagging sights. Aces.
A Satellite, learn something every day. When I was a junior, some of us had our licenses. End of the school year one day before lunch two torque impressed with drag cars and blown pulling tractors youngsters snuck off. These two brats got a salesman to let them take a Satllite for a promised quiet ride and back, he knew one of the kids. Leaving the second green light there was another impressive patch left on the road. At that age, kids aren’t sharp enough to look out for the federales. The Satellite went back to the dealership, the kids were taken back to school. My folks had been
looking at that car...they decided not to buy it.
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:34 pm

The grill on the street versions above looks great! Hope I can get mine bodies to turn out as nice as those look! WOW!
:text-bravo:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Broman62 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:13 pm

Make more please :D :D ...that is outstanding!! :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wobble » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:47 am

Does the Satellite use the same body as the 71/72 Roadrunner?
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby proxieken » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:10 am

proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:50 pm

The answer is yes, they did. For a while, you had to get close to the car to tell if it was a Roadrunner, Satellite, GTX, Sebring, or three others that shared that body. To make it more confusing, there were 3 different grills and paint patterns on those grills making for more differences, and then they mixed it all up by having sporty versions of the Satellite family car with special paint jobs, a variety of rear valance decorations, etc. In my area, overrun with hot car gearheaded gas consumers (like me, for instance), there were plenty of MOPAR fans, so you saw lots of them, but I read once that the new Roadrunner front end was not popular in some places. I thought they should have made a Shooting Brake (sport wagon with a fastback hatch roof). It would have been spectacular.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

PreviousNext

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop