[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Mold progress

Mold progress

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Re: Mold progress

Postby Fathead59 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:08 pm

And that should have been sign me up for a body not sing, you really don't want to hear me sing, very off key
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby proxieken » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:40 pm

Been a month, and progress continues. The windshield mold is done and the interior is coming along.

Made a box of these, after polishing the aluminum to a shine.

The hood fits much better and lots of other problems are sorted. Except the grill. It seems I am going to have to make a new one. The current one does not fit in the space between the bumper and the hood without pushing it back too far. So that is going to be a problem. I can make a car but it is just a real pain. So a tiny mold with new grill is just going to have to happen. The stock car grill seems fine, so might keep busy building some of them. If possible I will throw together some race only kits and put them out in case anyone wants to add some variety to their collection. The street kit is going to have to wait.

I have the CAD work started on the next body, the one with the much simpler bumper assembly.

I have patched together another decal sheet. I can print it on white decal paper and the red is a scan of a swatch of Rustoleum apple red. The kind for plastic that is paint and primer in one. It is what I used to paint the car I am practicing on and it seems OK. Trouble is my printer does not seem to print that shade very well. So going to see if the local office store can print a closer match.

More updates as something happens. The interior is going to be generic and rather plain, as I am happy with something that covers the motor. I am looking forward to someday running my favorite rivalry.
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:17 pm

Its seldom that I see something on HRW that inspires me to want to be there to see it developing. I want so much to sit on a high stool and watch this happen!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Fathead59 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:05 am

If you do the Petty #43 I would like you to make one for me , nice work you are doing.
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:11 am

VERY cool!!!!
:D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby proxieken » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:42 pm

Still working on getting things to fit. The grill on the left is better positioned than the earlier prototype on the right. It is a very simple filing to prevent the hood from forcing the grill inward and backwards.

The 48 car has decals I partially printed out using white decal paper. I had to match the area surrounding the number 48 as closely as possible to the car paint. A little trickier than it sounds.

The street grill is too much work right now so the race car is going to have to do for a bit.

The first half of the interior is done, and you can see the 4 posts located on the bottom of the tray for fitting to whatever chassis you can cobble together. There are 2 rear mounting locations for fast back or regular bodies. REgular bodies will require a slight trim to the back of the tray, while fastback cars use the entire length of the tray.

This mold has the driver also. The other half is started, so interiors are on the horizon.

Regular work is going to keep me out of the shop for a bit but the plan is to make this happen as soon as possible. Right now enough parts fit that with a bit of work a race version can be made.

Next post should be the end of the project. What a long strange trip it has been. :lol:
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:52 pm

Love it! Hope to be able to purchase one in the near future.

Are you molding them in color, or are the blue and red bodies painted?

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby Wobble » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:24 am

Love your work … only problem is which one? … eeny meeny miny moe … blow it, I'll take one of each … when they become available of course.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:37 am

Awesome! Count me in!
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:56 am

Just outstanding work and progress...great thread :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby proxieken » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:55 am

proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:46 am

Now you know I will have to have a Plymouth. Will be watching for it.

MOPAR or NoCAR
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RBPhillips » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:43 am

I love the '70-'71 Cyclone. Seeing as I owned one, I'd snag two if I could.
RBPhillips

Postby Fathead59 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:19 am

I know I would take a couple. What is a few more cars.
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:20 pm

And I am with Wobble, I think one of each should be good , just let me when they will be done and for sale
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop