Amazing Scratch Builders

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Amazing Scratch Builders

Postby Dewman51 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:36 am

You guys just amaze me!!! I can't believe the things you build from scratch or customize from existing cars!!! Then there are the tracks you build and the buildings and everything else you can imagine!! I have only been a member for a short time but the thing I love the most about this site is seeing what can be done with some imagination and a lot of skill!! I hope to try my hand at some of the things you guys do. Keep the pictures coming -- they are an inspiration!!! :text-bravo: :text-thankyouyellow:
Dewman51

Re: Amazing Scratch Builders

Postby RazorJon » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:41 am

Dewman your sure are right, I have had the pleasure of racing a lot of these fine builds and can say as good as they look they run just as well :music-rockout:

Don't be shy jump in, what would you like to build?
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:08 pm

He is right, jump right in. What kind of cars are you wanting to do?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby mattb » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:36 pm

Way back in the early days of internet slot car connections, my buddy Jack always used the phrase "it's not rocket science". It isn't. All the answers 0n how to do all this stuff are right here. How well you do is based on your abilities, but you will be able to do it all. Some of us just don't hit the level a few of these guys do on here get to, but the rest of us still build and get things done.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:01 pm

The guys are right, there is a great amount of talent on here. I have been around slot cars since the '60's and I try to build what I want. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. The best thing about it is you can redo it if it doesn't work. Don't ask me how I know. Just jump in and go for it.
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop