Chassis mounting

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Chassis mounting

Postby proxieken » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:26 am

I have a question for the scratch builders.

When I build a car I typically just use a model car body and place it on a chassis from another car.

So I have been working on a model kit with this in mind. It will come with a bottom for static kit builds. But I want to include a selection of posts to fit common chassis for people who want to use it for a slot car top.

I am including posts to mount the body to Carrera Torino and Charger, Pioneer Charger, and Scaley Charger.

Is there another chassis that is used commonly enough that a set of posts should be included?

Thanks!
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Chassis mounting

Postby RichD » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:34 am

For builds using a resin or model kit body I like to use a Slot.it HRS or HRS2 chassis, those have an adjustable wheelbase and handle well. If you are going to supply body posts they should have a foot or flange on the body end.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Chassis mounting

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:14 am

It's hard to try and include so many different chassis mount posts. My bodies are made for side mounts with no posts at all.

One challenge to making a body to fit a certain chassis: The chassis becomes hard to find over time. This has happened to several body makers over the years and now they just make generic bulkheads for the modeler to drill into.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop