[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/32 Auto union type D

1/32 Auto union type D

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

1/32 Auto union type D

Postby btaylor » Wed May 24, 2017 8:12 am

Starting a new project for my vintage road cars. Ordered this the other day, should make a sweet slot car I think.
Plans are brass chassis, Minnow motor, either pendle 23" wheels or BRM's. not sure yet on that. I will post some build pics along the way.
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: 1/32 Auto union type D

Postby BARC 1 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:23 am

OHHH Nice. I have that unfinshed kit in my stash, and had plans to slot it up as well. Needless to say I will be watching, paying close attention to your wheel selection.

Mine is a "Matchbox" kit, but the art work is exactly the same. Has this been reissued?
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed May 24, 2017 10:26 am

I need this myself. Like a hole in the head...but I need it.

Cool project Bob!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Wed May 24, 2017 10:42 am

Looking forward to seeing this one take shape!
:banana-dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Dangermouse » Wed May 24, 2017 3:22 pm

I have the Matchbox kit to build - looking forward to seeing your progress - might prompt me to start building mine
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Wed May 24, 2017 3:37 pm

After opening the kit,and assembling the body, it says matchbox all over the floorpan.
Name change on the box is all. Playing with a quick build chassis right now. It wont stay, but some folks might use the idea. Posting pics shortly.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby btaylor » Wed May 24, 2017 3:52 pm

Ok , I am doing this for those that don't want to go brass. This tossed together from the scrap box, and I mean scrap box! The wheels are Eldon, perfect match for the kit wheels and tire sizes. the chassis is a narrow 3d plastic thing with a short guide mount. I bored the brass collars to 1/8 inch, and drilled the front perch the same size. toss in a slimcan and an old cox gear, and you have a roller for your AU kit!
Im sure it could be weighted and tweaked to run ok, but im still building a brass chassis for this one. just thought I would share the idea.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Mitch58 » Wed May 24, 2017 4:53 pm

I don't know man, unless you intend to race it in anger, it looks pretty good just the way it is.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu May 25, 2017 4:21 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Mitch58 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:36 am

The Slot Classic chassis is also narrow, or a PCS chassis with the wings cut off would allow for a C130 can motor giving you a larger choice of motors. Not that they are always faster, but the larger can motors just seem to have a smoother power band throughout the acceleration curve which adds to the joy of driving.

I'm not a big fan of the slimline FF motors, but I have used the "Minnow" in a couple of cars and they do seem to run smoothly.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Fri May 26, 2017 4:10 am

Some progress being made. Once again I forgot to clear the silver before the decals, and it shows badly. Not going to worry about fixing it, as it would probably be a mess. Still sitting on the plastic chassis, I made it a runner just for fun. More detail work yet, then on to the brass chassis. here is what I have so far.
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop