[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 116 tires........

116 tires........

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Re: 116 tires........

Postby frank9129 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:57 pm

O.M.G. That is is load of tires.
Envy, Envy.
I tired tires. Let's just leave it at that.

Great job, Dave.
frank9129
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:29 pm

These will be great for scale modeling slot cars.

These are the perfect way to finish off a realistic slot car build - use the exact wheel/tire in the static kit - but make it a functional slot car tire.

Those Goodyear modified style slicks look interesting, lots of material in those castings...

Great project!
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby dge467 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:21 pm

Cool Dave! If you are ever looking for certain tires, I got three bags full of 1/25 and 1/24 tires.
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:35 am

116 YES esssss !!!!!!!!!!
Neat !!!!!!
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:43 am

Nice job. I have found it is best to use up all the urethane once you break the seal. Looks like you did!!!
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:25 am

Those tires did come out great, Dave! Nice details in the tread, sidewalls, etc. Do you true them or run them as they come from the mold?

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:03 am

Those look GREAT Dave!
Having them all together like that makes for an impressive photo as well!
Two thumbs up sir! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby btaylor » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:26 am

Sure am eyeing all those slicks! For those of you that have not tried any of Dave's tires, they are great!
I use them exclusively on my Drag cars.
Nice work buddy.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:14 am

Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby Half Fast Slotter » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:31 am

Pat yourself on the back. Great work and really beautiful for scale racers. Almost makes me want to change to 1/24 slots.
Half Fast Slotter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:49 am

Hi Dave,

What different aluminum rims and their sizes do you use for your variety of 1/24 or 1/25 builds?

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:05 pm

Wowie Zowie!!!.........TIRE CITY DISCOUNT SPRING SALE!!!!!
What'r you guys doing to me.......I scrapped all my 1:24 stuff 3 years ago when I found this site. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I'm playing h*** trying to put together just one 1:24 sporstman for the HQ visit.....Had to make 4 buys on e-bay
just to find a body that might fit a couple left over styrene chassis I haven't cut up yet. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ccobra » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:26 pm

From all of the tire smokin action I've seen on here from previous years, you sure that will be enough tires? :lol:
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:40 pm

I can probably get a couple pair of diamond tread 1/24 tires if you want to mold them. K&B made them as did Buzco. Not sure I have any, but with an email I can probably get a couple pair.

mb
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:03 pm

Isn't it great to make a tire from a kit tire that you can actually use on a slot car? :D

While I haven't made 116 tires recently, I know the feeling when you pop a tire from the mold, and it looks just like the model kit tire. Only now you can glue it to a aluminum wheel and run it!! That alone is a good feeling! :banana-dance:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Next

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop