My first 1/25 Brass Chassis build

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

My first 1/25 Brass Chassis build

Postby Broman62 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:38 pm

After being inspired by Harry's 1/25 brass chassis build back in November I decided I wanted to try to build one. I've built 1/43 & 1/32 brass chassis's so I thought why not try bigger!! It's basically built on the "Stinker chassis" platform and I have to say it turned out pretty good for me!! I added a little twist to it which has probably been done thousands of times before and that is the guide post bracket swivels back and forth along with the guide itself!! Seems to work pretty good and takes the slamming stress of the guide off a little bit in the corners!! I used from 3/16" square tubing and down for the frame and different size brass flat stock for support and the wings to mount body on!! Round tubing for front axle and PMTR1006 motor mount for rear axle and motor!! Went with Hawk motor 18k and 9/31 gearing!! Guide is a leftover Parma kit I had and front and rear tires are H&R silicone rubbers with I think H&R NASCAR rims!! Nice thing is you can change any of this out if it used in competition ;) !! I'm going with a SnapTite Max '57 Chevy Belair body to go with it!!! I just love that red color of it and just may keep it that way!! I went with the "Wise" wood mounts to the body for chassis attachment!! Not sure when this will be finished up but boy was it fun to build!!

Here are pics of the build:

Enjoy and thanks for looking!!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: My first 1/25 Brass Chassis build

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:10 pm

Now that is a great job. Very clean and I bet it runs great.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Racie35 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:38 pm

Nice work, and I love snaptite and snapfast bodies :text-bravo:
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:35 am

I don't know if this has been posted before but if you want to build brass and piano wire chassis the IRRA web site is a good place to start. This is the "How To" section of their web site http://irraslotracing.com/howtoo.html . A lot of good tips there.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:24 pm

Thanks guys for the great compliments!! I agree Racie... those SnapTite and Snapfast bodies are so robust and can take a licking!! And it does run great, for me that is!! Thanks Pappy for that web site info...very cool!!! I need to learn how to take better pics :roll: !!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop