[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Brass Cutting with Chris Walker

Brass Cutting with Chris Walker

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Brass Cutting with Chris Walker

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:31 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Brass Cutting with Chris Walker

Postby chappy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:53 pm

Great article written up Chris. All these tips and tricks of the trade are exactly what many of us need. I dont think you have wasted a second of anyones time.
Cheers
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby MoparGreg » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:01 pm

Great article. Thanks for sharing
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:48 pm

I learned about three things...the least of which is I suck at this!!!

Great article, hopefully I'll suck less now...doubtful, but I'll try!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby bill from nh » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:35 pm

This is a pretty comprehensive article on cutting brass. It's not a waste of time for anyone at any level to read. I can't emphasize enough to wear safety googles or safety eyeglasses when using abrasive cut-off disks. Sooner or later, you will get a face full of grit, metal particles, & broken disks. For a Sharpie, I like to use red for marking. At my age, it stands out more than black. :)
bill from nh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:49 pm

I use my air powered cut off tool to cut bigger pieces, my Dremel for small stuff and the HF cutter for tubing.

I have a bench grinder with abrasive wheel and wire wheel. I smooth and straighten cut edges with the grinder and get a uniform finish with the wire wheel. My hobby belt sander will also finish brass, but it is a little harder on the sanding belt.

Eye protection of some type is necessary. You will learn the methods of cutting that throw "sawdust" away from you and not toward your eyes.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:22 pm

Thank you Chris Walker , I need all the help I can get.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop