[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Lucky find: 1967 Indy Turbine car

Lucky find: 1967 Indy Turbine car

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Lucky find: 1967 Indy Turbine car

Postby biedmatt » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:16 pm

I've always found this car quite interesting and have been looking on and off for a Proto-slot kit made some years back. Finally got lucky and found one. The chassis is a laser cut kit you solder together and the body is your typical high quality Proto-slot. This came painted and unlike some other prepainted Proto-slot kit's I've owned and seen, the paint on this one is very good.

Chassis silver soldered, sand blasted and ready for paint.

Chassis painted and finish assembled.

Proto-Slot painted body mounted and ready to decal. I can see I'll need to paint the edge of the crown black once I decide on gearing.

biedmatt

Re: Lucky find: 1967 Indy Turbine car

Postby Dangermouse » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:07 pm

real nice find

car looks great now can't wait to see it finished

cheers
David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:11 pm

Great find and equally great work getting it going.

Look forward in seeing this running :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Moose » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:53 pm

Nice work Matt but I would not expect less from you. I am glad that you took my advice and spent the money. .

Merry Christmas Ken
Moose

Postby FootScoot » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:40 pm

I've always been a fan of the STP turbine cars. Yours looks great! Should be very nice when finished. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:26 pm

I am curious. What is the gray finish that is on the chassis after it is soldered and trued? I wonder if it has something to do with how very hot the metal has to be for silver soildering? I have done silver soldering on musical instruments, but never on slot car stuff. I always had a serious buffing job to do to clean up after silver soldering. I'm wondering if that unusual finish is from the factory cleaning up a chassis for retail?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Moose » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:26 pm

Moose

Postby dreinecke » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:30 pm

Oh baby!!! That is freaking SWEET!!! I love these cars!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:43 pm

Ken, what is that chassis made of? And what is the nomenclature on that low temp silver solder?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby biedmatt » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:04 am

biedmatt

Postby dge467 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:09 am

Looking forward to seeing it finished!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:03 am

You and Ken are making me think hard about yet another kind of slot car project and yet another proxy to have fun with, Matt. I blame you for this...

Thanks for the info. I'm serious about considering this. All of the cars you guys have shown and all the proxies are 1/32, right?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby ddyke » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:21 pm

It MUST be converted to 4WD! It is nice.
ddyke
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby biedmatt » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:57 am

Decaled, clear coated, wet sanded and polished.
One of my more difficult decal projects. The lovely curves means most every decal had two different curves 90 degrees to each other.
The perfect formula for a wrinkle.
I also revised the spacers for the front axle. Much better now.

biedmatt

Postby cagee13 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:29 pm

The decals do look tricky on this car but you nailed.
cagee13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop