[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Brass am challege build disaster

Brass am challege build disaster

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Brass am challege build disaster

Postby CrockettNZ » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:03 am

Well all I am going to say is AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
I was in the process of trying to get the body mounted and it wouldn't sit quite right
I noticed that there was a twist in the body
Not bad but bad enough
So I set it up on the chassis straighting board and started heating it up being carefull not to over do it
As I had to use the heat gun as the hairdryer has crapped out
After a couple of etempts it was not staying straight
So one last go before saying stuff it it can just stay as it is
And I think you can all guess what happen next
:angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Brass am challege build disaster

Postby CrockettNZ » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:16 am

CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:25 am

should use that Falcon body you have.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CrockettNZ » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:47 am

CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wobble » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:00 am

Bad news there Crockett but good luck with the bid on the Camaro, it is a nice body as I've seen it. Pity I didn't know or I would've grabbed it for you while i was there. I also scored a Falcon/Futura body at the same time.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:46 pm

STOP!!!

Consult David by PM immediately! (dreinecke)

The resin has a memory if you do it right. He knows what to do, and you can save it.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby chappy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:54 pm

Crockett, I havent used hairdryers or heat guns so I cant comment on that aspect, but I have found warm water softens the resin enough to shape it and then a quick dip in cold sets it.
All is not lost , have faith and keep trying if it is really the one you wanted to do.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby CrockettNZ » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:43 pm

the body is a revell plastic kit not a resin and now the back half looks rather flat

she is a gone burger I'm afraid
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:06 pm

What is the Revell kit?

And, additionally, I have a '70 Camaro Scaley body I can spare at a friendly discount your project. How about that?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby CrockettNZ » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:16 am

CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:46 am

No, I mean what was the Revell kit a model of? I'm thinking about what might be a similar wheelbase so your chassis will still fit.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby CrockettNZ » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:35 pm

CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Abarth Mike » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:30 pm

:lol:

:violin: On a hot day I left a slotcar on the dash of a real car in the sun to heat it up to straighten it.

Result I suspect. Somewhat the same. :whistle:
Abarth Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CrockettNZ » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:41 pm

the hair dryer I would have normally used gets the plastic hot but didn't over heat it to the point of melting
it was the perfect tool for the job
I will not do this trick again until I get a replacement

I am doing a deal with waytomuchintothis for a 70 Camaro white kit body as replacement
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CrockettNZ » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:59 pm

thanks to waytomuchintothis for coming to the rescue :text-thankyouyellow: and selling me the 70 Camaro body
The brass am car will continue its build :banana-dance:
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop