[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1941 Plymouth Delivery Kustom - Finished! 09/22

1941 Plymouth Delivery Kustom - Finished! 09/22

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

1941 Plymouth Delivery Kustom - Finished! 09/22

Postby MoparGreg » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:23 pm

Hi Guys,
I got a bit of spare time this week & & felt like building. Ive got a number of cars i started years ago to finish off but I felt like just a quick build, quick paint, job done. I cant leave things well enough alone & one things lead to another & its turned into alot of work. Not to worry.

Its a Kustom 1941 Plymouth Delivery wagon. Heres a quick photo to give a rough idea on the look. I hope to keep it about as low as photo. Just waiting for some putty to dry & ill undercoat tomorrow. Plan for tonight is to modify the H&R Chassis into a sidewinder. Fingers crossed Ill have it finished in a 2 weeks. I just need to overcome a small problem before I cast the whitewalls into urethanes.

Any ideas on colours for this one?

Thanks for looking
Last edited by MoparGreg on Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1941 Plymouth Delivery Kustom

Postby Gameover » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:46 pm

Oh ya can wait to see how this goes!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby MoparGreg » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:09 pm

Ohh, Harry is my picture to big? My photo bucket setting haven't changed but the photo seems bigger than usual.

Thanks Gameover. It's good to get building again.
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby racer6583 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:22 pm

How about a semi gloss black hood.
Plum crazy with sublime scallops that would look rad to me.
Great lookin custom so far but I think it will look great in any colors you choose.
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:33 am

Looks fine. I set the max pixel width at 900. Anything over simply gets autoresized.No problem. Looks great.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby MoparGreg » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:39 am

Hi guys, I painted this at the end of last year. I painted it in Model Master Phoenician Yellow and didnt really like it. It actually looks a bit like resin in color now. So its been sitting on my shelf for the last 6 months waiting for inspiration. No inspiration came. The vibe for this build is a very mild custom shop truck, nice shiny paint, white walls & chrome caps. I was thinking a nice light late 50's yellow would look classy. Ive rubbed it back so its dull atm, but will clear it.

I prefer to not do a full repaint as it sprayed on kinda thick, dont want to strip it as Ive had no luck stripping resin. Ive worked it out now and want to get it finished up. Looking forward to it.

MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:51 pm

That looks sharp Greg! Dave, that is a cool old panel truck you had!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby vins123 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:42 pm

both of them are looking really nice
Sylvain
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MoparGreg » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:10 pm

Hey Dave, sweet truck! So do you still have it? Shame if you got rid of it!
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:38 pm

Great looking build Greg, and glad to see you back at it!

Dave - I'd have sold the kids...nah, I like them too much. But that Chevy was gorgeous!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby MoparGreg » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:02 pm

YES! I got one finished! Feels great as I havn't finished a car in a long time. Im pretty happy with the finished car. I wasnt sure how this was going to end up but I quite like the color in the end. Heres some details. Its a 1941 Plymouth Sedan Delivery resin in 1/25, painted in Model Master Phoenician Yellow, Tamiya TS13 Clear. It has Cadillac Sombrero Hubcaps in custom narrowed H&R Wheels with my own Urethane cast White Wall tires. Bumpers are modified and tucked in close to the body. Full interior with full driver figure. Chassis is a modified H&R brass chassis changed to a sidewinder so I could retain the full interior. I wasnt sure how a full interior & how low I wanted the car to be was going to work but it did. The photos are not real good as I like to take photos outside but it was either full sun or full shade.

Thanks for looking
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MoparGreg » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:06 pm

Forgot to add the chassis pics of the H&R chassis converted to side winder.

I just need to install the guide & tune it up for some track time. Ive got a few more cars just about finished so Ill hope to show those next week.
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1941 Plymouth Delivery Kustom - Finished! 09/22

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:54 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:07 pm

Greg - that is as nice a build as I've seen! Super clean and great pictures!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby MoparGreg » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:28 pm

Thanks Dave, Yes I agree the Wheels & tires really set it off. Im still debating on painting the caddy badge red on the centre of the caps but Im really liking the all chrome look.

Yeah painting the Phoenician yellow wasnt the greatest. It sprayed out really thick & blotchy. But after alot of rubbing with some wet & dry & some clear it came up ok. Thanks for sharing those photos of your rides. That yellow & green machine looks like similar colors Ive used on a 50 Olds Ive been messin with. Phoenician yellow & Citrus Yellow Metallic, its a strange but killer combo.

MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop