[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New 19" wire wheels

New 19" wire wheels

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

New 19" wire wheels

Postby Dangermouse » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:14 am

For those of you making older sports and open wheeled cars that had bigger wheels Pendleslot has released a range of ~19" wire wheels.

These wheels are the same great quality as Pendle's other wire wheels. They work around $15-20 a pair depending on exchange rate and postage.

I am happy with them I think they are a good size and look right on the older cars.

If anyone is looking for even larger wheels they also offer a vintage wire wheel. These are a good size for older Scalextric cars like the Bentley and for those early German GP cars with the oversized wheels.
With the right tyre these would suit 1/24 scale cars as well.

Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: New 19" wire wheels

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:36 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:00 am

Those are some sharp looking wheels! Thank you for sharing the pictures and Harry for sharing the link! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:33 am

Site lists indicates 7MM

23.5x7mm PCS Classic Spokes 19 Inch' Alloy Wheel with Tyres for 3/32 axles. 2x Alloy Rims with shallow dish and fine wire spokes c/w 2 & 3 eared spinners.
Supplied with M2 grub screw.For use with 3/32 / 2.38mm axles Fitted with F22 soft compound Diamond treaded 22x7 tyres.(PCS 32246 tyres will also fit giving a slightly taller/narrower profile)

Also these:

25.5x7mm PCS Classic Black Spokes Alloy Wheel with Tyres for 3/32 axles. 2x Alloy Rims with shallow dish and fine black wire spokes c/w 2 & 3 eared spinners
Supplied with M2 grub screw. For use with 3/32 / 2.38mm axles Fitted with F22 soft compound slick 25.5x7 tyres ideal for use with early GP rears. Perfect for use on Scalextric Alfa & Bentley
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby chappy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:19 am

They look great David, I have mine sitting in Customs so maybe next week I'll have them.
Hoping they may be the best choice for the Mercedes W196, if not I'll go smaller.
Nice pics by the way.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Dangermouse » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:40 pm

Should suit the W196 Bob

I put some on the an Autounion as I thought the vintage wheels were too tall for it.

I have the vintage wheels on a W125 will post pic tonight - heading off to work :(
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:04 pm

Wow big surprise they arrived today.
Thanks for the affirmation David, I was hoping they would be the right size..
I'll be watching for your pictures.
Thanks David
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Dangermouse » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:48 am

Last edited by Dangermouse on Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:18 am

Thanks David, I did a quick test fit last night on the Merc and the 19s look the part.
Those vintage wheels really are tall but look good on your 12 car
Thanks
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby loosewheel » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:58 pm

Price looks good, but what is shipping like?
loosewheel
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:19 pm

I don't know about postage to the US probably the same as to Australia - I normally put together a parts and car order so shipping usually cost me 7-10 pounds which is around $10-16 US dollars - if you only ordered some wheels I would be thinking it would be half that. Remember also as a non European customer you don't pay the VAT - for me on my last order the VAT saving more than covered the shipping cost.
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop