[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/32 Indy car comes to life.

1/32 Indy car comes to life.

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

1/32 Indy car comes to life.

Postby btaylor » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:42 am

Well, I had to do this. We needed a good start on some Indy car bodies, and I think this one will be a good one. Got a mold made last night, and as soon as my resin gets here, I will pull the first one and see how it came out. After doing a little tire and wheel size experimenting, it looks like CB 17x8 rear, and 15x7 front's will work nicely, and be proper scale for these.I may try the PG 22mm rear tires yet. Should be a ton of livery's to apply to these cars. I still have two more cars to mold after this one, so there will be a field of Watson, Novi, and Kurtis cars.ImageImageImage
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: 1/32 Indy car comes to life.

Postby chappy » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:51 am

Very nice Bob.
More fun to come.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Dangermouse » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:55 am

"I still have two more cars to mold after this one, so there will be a field of Watson, Novi, and Kurtis cars."

Although I have a few Indy Roadsters already - if you are offering these I would be interested in getting a couple.
You probably already know about Indycal for decals :)

This is a good article on wheel sizes for the roadsters
http://indyroadsters.webs.com/apps/blog ... ster-wheel

16" on the front and 18" on the rear

cheers
David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:04 am

Thanks for that link David, it is a big help! As soon as I get these cast like I want them, I will give you a shout.
And yes, Indycal will be tired of hearing from me im sure. :lol:
Post some pics of your Indy cars, I always have loved your work, and I don't think I have seen them.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:49 am

Tasty. This is going to be a cool series.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:55 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:16 am

Looking good Bob.
When your up and running, I'd be keen to have a go at a build.
Richard
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby McLiams » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:03 pm

Beautiful work. I would be interested in at least one each and probably more than that of the Watson and Novi. Duke Nalon used to stop into my Dad's shop occasionally.
McLiams
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:56 pm

Black and gold? One of the first ones I did in 1/24 scale. I still have about 3 more I want to build. The Rodger Ward Leader Card special from 61, the Konstantcool special, 63 or 64 and the AJ Sheraton Thompson Kuzma that he ran on dirt. My molds came from the old AMT kit and ecals from Indycals. I run Dynamic inline chassis with Plafit Fox motors. I was running tall, 7/16 by 1 1/8 inch silicones, but the grip and height made them pretty hard to handle. I talked to my race bunch and we decided to sacrifice some scale to run the stickier pro trac silicones.
I love the look of these cars, but am only going to do 3 more, not all of them I would like to have, but how many does a guy really need.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:29 pm

Hi Bob

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=693&hilit=+indy

2nd page has pics of them finished (well almost)

cheers
David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:41 pm

Thanks David! I do remember the seeing the exhaust work on one of them. very nice work.
I cant wait to get started on mine

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:40 am

Hmmm - is there a potential proxy brewing with these Bob? :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby btaylor » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:27 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby dreinecke » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:30 am

Looks great Bob! Nice addition to the hobby for sure!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby btaylor » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:03 pm

Thanks David, I pulled the first body at lunch today. Smooth, and no air holes. so it should be OK for our needs.Image
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Next

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop