[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Prepping for the McKee

Prepping for the McKee

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Re: Prepping for the McKee

Postby ddyke » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:48 pm

Sometimes people show the Mk10 and list it as a Mk7. It was Hayes' Mk. 7 with newer wedge bodywork and a much more powerful engine. I have seen both cars and liked the looks of the 6/7 better than the 10. I believe one of the MK 6 cars was rebuilt into the Howmet turbine for Sebring.
ddyke
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ddyke » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:22 pm

The blue one beside the red Ferrari on the bottom row is the Mk10.
ddyke
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby smallblockhero » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:18 pm

smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby smallblockhero » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:59 am

absolutely..ref pics are always welcome.ill ask charley for help along the way as well. he liked the idea of me doing up his rides. whatever i cant make out visually..im sure hell be happy to fill in the blanks.
smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ddyke » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:56 pm

On the Salyer car being rebuilt into the Howmet see http://www.oldracingcars.com/f5000/mckee/

"The Howmet TX turbine Group 6 prototype. One was the converted Ralph Salyer Mk 6, initially used as a spare, and the other was built as a Mk 9. Raced by Ray Heppenstall and others in 1968 with minimal success. The first car is now with a collector in California and the second, plus a recently built third, are with Chuck Haines. See Pete Stowe's detailed history."
ddyke
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby smallblockhero » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:50 pm

im using the old strom body as a tester for the resin body i got . i havent done these things in a long time. no decals yet but the details are coming along. im pretty happy considering i havent even tried a 1/24 scale model with details in almost 20 years..less yet a 1/32.

smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby smallblockhero » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:38 am

tried 3 sets of wheels, changed ride heights 4 times and had to wait weeks for parts and decals. but... i think i finally have it close to where i want it. now i can do up the interior and windscreen and order the right inserts from Art at Dart. This lil project has taken me to new levels of frsutration, but i think its more then worth it when its haulin around just as it is now. les yet when it done. are they ever done?

smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:08 am

You are gettin' there. Looking good!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Florida_Slotter » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:31 am

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby dreinecke » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:53 am

The McKee looks great!!! I am still finishing up mine at the moment.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Guildman » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:36 am

When FPF Models was still going we were given a lot of interesting resins and patterns of things including the wedgy McKee, the blue one in your photos and I seem to remember it was not far out, accuracy wise. I could possibly get Steve Francis to mould one? We also had Chaps, a Howmet and several other interesting models that could be "expressed" if there's a need for them I should think.

Martin
Guildman

Previous

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop