[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - My First Resin build

My First Resin build

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

My First Resin build

Postby smallblockhero » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:25 am

Being a Vintage F1 fan like a lot of you guys.. i want cars that the "industry" wont supply. i had no idea at the time about resin slot kits on brass chassis's. ive done resin 1/24 models in the past..but never this.
im a little more in the know now... but still have many questions. im sure ill pick all your guys brains at some point. so eventually i ventured out and bought a full P&P kit for the Matra MS10. as P&P ws the first resin shop with the right cars and chassis's i found. to me the Matra cars are right there next to my Shadow obsesssion. so for my first build ill just share the pics i took as i went along. i learned a lot and will implement many thing into my next build...especially a bit more quality onthe detailing.

the block of butter as my girlfriend called it. chassis formed and starting to fit parts.

body painted and engine detail started.

Decals going on daily

Finishing it up slightly

smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: My First Resin build

Postby smallblockhero » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:31 am

smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:31 am

Very impressive. Isn't it amazing how even a coat of primer just brings a resin body "to life"? The bright blue just really grabs your eye. BTW Looks like a little tire testing was going on during the build!
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ListerStormGT » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:26 am

Wow you did a awesome job on that, that looks great! I really love the classic F1 cars.
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:08 am

Yes, great work. You deserve to be proud of that.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Lou E » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:22 am

Looks like you are off to a stunning start, that thing is gorgeous!!!
Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:07 am

A great build!!!!!

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:21 am

Yeah, Baby! That is fantastic looking!!! I love the way this turned out! How does it handle with the PP chassi? I like the wheel and tire combo too, very good match.

Is this a re-pop of the MRRC body or did they carve this anew?
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby smallblockhero » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:22 pm

Thanks guys

im truly in love with this car. when i look at my table covered with god know how much $$$ in cars, i go straight for this for my first laps.

theres still tire testing going on to be honest. it amazing how much differently the car handles with lower profile front tires.. ..it spins out a lot. Then when i use the stock lotus 49 scaley fronts on it... its perfect and hauls the mail. the rear tire changes between scaley lotus 49 , M23 stockers , Indy Grips IG1001's is very subtle. it really just changes its drifting attributes. but the Indy Grips obviously make for the best of all situations.

dreinecke~ thanks bro.. i love your cars sooo much. your F1 restore blog page is great.
heres an honest answer from my perspective. the P&P chassis is amazing.... however. unless you have a variable power supply or use an FF motor with way less power then a stock one...it just slides and deslots on my stock scaley sport track.

i have previously admitted i glued a very small 3-4 mm button magnet to the rear of the chassis. smaller then the stock scaley lotus 49 one. just this tiny lil bit made the car waaay more enjoyable and i have no guilt over it since it is so small. it still drifts great and you have to "drive" it or else it will unslot and wind with parts coming off.... ask me how i know..lol. it puts it righ on par with the lotus performance wise and makes for good racing between the 2. a different set of tires may have negated me putting a mag on it, but i only had 3 sets that fit it and just kept testing til i found what i was comfortable with.

Donnie
smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:37 pm

Donnie, have you tried the MT Racing slimline? It is the motor I use on all of the Fly and Scaley F1's.

On our smaller track it is about as good as it gets.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby jcis4me » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:55 pm

Woaaah!
Nice!
Great music!
Aloha
Marty
jcis4me
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Reslotted » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:53 pm

Donnie,
I thought these guys might like it. Thanks for posting it up. (That little parcel is in the mail too mate).

For those that missed the Last couple of posts in Bench Racers Lounge on the UOP Link, Donnie runs that UOP Shadow page.
Reslotted
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby smallblockhero » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:10 pm

smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby baford1 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:06 am

the Matra looks real nice & well finished

Richard
baford1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:42 am

First off, I enjoyed the Jethro Tull soundtrack to the video! Secondly, the comment about the car resembling a stick of butter cracked me up. Finally, not only is that a great looking build, but it looks to run quite smoothly. What a fantastic job!
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop