Tuning Up a Sebring Chassis

YOUR Place To Share All Your Tuning Tips & Speed Secrets!

Tuning Up a Sebring Chassis

Postby jmsh54 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:03 pm

Here is a quick and easy way to tune up a Sebring chassis. If you are running on a Carrera or wood track you can replace the standard guide with with a Slot.it guide, part number CH07. This is the Slot.it guide for wooden tracks. Works just as well with the deep slot on a Carrera track. Replace the rear tyres with either Maxxtrac part number M18 or Super Tires part number ST 1301. And remove the magnet.

If you want to add inserts, with some sanding and filing around the back edge of BWA inserts they fit just fine. I think it is the .450 BWA inserts that will work. There are two sizes of BWA inserts for 1/32 cars, it is the larger of the two sizes that work.

Regards, John
jmsh54

Re: Tuning Up a Sebring Chassis

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:02 pm

Thanks, John. I have been talking about writing something like this for years, and you did great. Whatever happens to MRRC and the other outfits that make similar chassis, it can only help matters for them if we keep the interest going for these excellent and economical chassis. Pendleslots has had them in the past with excellent selections of good quality wheels. I assume if they can still get them, they still offer those deals. I put one under an old Strombecker body Chaparral with great results. The wheels were a dead match. Really makes the look of the car.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Re: Tuning Up a Sebring Chassis

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:16 pm

Yes, good stuff! Thanks for posting this.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to The Slot Car Garage