[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - What's on your workbench?

What's on your workbench?

YOUR Place To Share All Your Tuning Tips & Speed Secrets!

Re: What's on your workbench?

Postby proxieken » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:43 pm

3D printing more parts. Spent hours getting the grill sewed up for printing, then added a little spoiler.

Waay, thanks for posting the Pearson pic. It is nice to see them out in the world.
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:11 pm

That’s quite the little gem you got there Ken!
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:35 pm

You asked for it.
Vac formed Lotus 38, I've had for quite awhile. I finally got it mounted on a Russkit Carrera inline frame. Next I need to finish the drivetrain, paint and polish the wheels.
P1010011.JPG
This is a Monogram 40 Ford pickup which was sold as a model kit in 1963. Same exact mold as the off white 1963 slot car release. Most of the models did not have the rear frame mount posts, only the slot body had those posts. I had heard the slot body mold was used for a few of the original issue models in 63. This is one of those early model kits which I looked for a few years. Most sellers never show the bottom of the model kit. You had to see it to know if it was the slot version. I finally found this old built up for just a few bucks on Ebay. Most slotters and all modelers don't realize this rarity was ever produced.
P1010010.JPG
This Strombecker Dirt Tracker is for my track, it is an orange car for the orange lane. I have a few of these built up and this makes 4 that are color coded to the same color lane on the track. This one is a Dynamic chassis with a Jaws motor.
P1010009.JPG
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:41 pm

A 1/24 Shadow, 3D printed by Paul. I am going to finish it and make a slush mold to do a couple slot bodies
P1010013.JPG
This is a hot rod car I am building for one of the weekly racers.
P1010012.JPG
When this stuff is done, there are plenty of other projects ready to do!
P1010014.JPG
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:52 pm

Hey Matt...
Very nice work. You have been on the rare Monogram kick lately! That truck is very cool indeed. I haven't ever seen one in the flesh.
The Shadow looks OK in that picture?
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:58 pm

Paul, I just need to get sanding on the Shadow and put it under the hot water to pull the left front down a bit and pull up the left side of the driver compartment. I'll get it done, I just need to clear out some of the projects I have that need an hour or two to finish up. You can see I got decals. I know it will look good finished. Chassis will need to be really flat int he front and guide will need to be one with the post mostly cut off so the body can set down like it should.

More to come.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby hillbilly » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:19 am

Matt were did the hot rod bodies come from, 33 Ford and 32?, cool looking projects. Terry
hillbilly

Postby mattb » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:32 am

The bodies are 1/24. The Model A bodies were an ebay buy from Daniel Murai. The 34 coupe came from a guy In Al. Billy Watson. they are only 10 thou, but at $4-$5 each, if they last a year, they can be thrown away. Billy also does a 37 Chevy and 41 Willys in 1/24. They are not greatly detailed, but they are fine for thrashing our guys give them every week.

I have a friend in Mi that makes outstanding bodies and he is going to make some 32 coupe bodies like GMC used on the Little Joe slot cars that had the MPC chassis. He will do them in 30 thou. I will get a few of them next time he pulls some bodies and will share a picture. By this fall he will have a website up and his bodies will be available to anyone. I think he mentioned he is going to be doing some 1/32 bodies also. I will keep you guys informed of his progress. I have Billy Watsons contact info. His bodies are thin, but they are disposable!
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to The Slot Car Garage