[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Racer Sideways Lambo

Racer Sideways Lambo

YOUR Place To Share All Your Tuning Tips & Speed Secrets!

Racer Sideways Lambo

Postby Perrotoro » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:35 am

Okay, so i tweaked my Christmas gift Sideways Stealth black Lambo with guide spacers with excellent results - better smoothness and quietness. But as I tweaked the rear, I broke the axle bushing support such that it was laying-over. I re-glued it with CA and made and a notched wooden strut support to help retain the plastic bearing support. Looked good, but the pinion/gear mesh was tight and restricting. I couldn't easily remove the inside motor screw since it impinged on the bearing support to make adjustments and wound up breaking everything irreparably.

So: 1) is there a reasonably idiot proof way to make, align and glue-in a new bearing support, or 2) is there a replacement chassis available, or 3) should I just shelve this awesome looking stealth Lambo?
Perrotoro
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Racer Sideways Lambo

Postby flandy » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:55 am

If you still have the bearing support, trying using a fine point tip on a very hot soldering iron to weld around the break. Same happened on my chassis and CA did not work so good but the plastic weld works just fine.

Andy
flandy

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:08 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby mikeinclover » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:19 pm

I do believe I have chassis for that car in stock if not I will make sure I get some in my next order.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SuperSlab » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:04 pm

Just a thought: the bushing holder is such a crucial part in terms of rigidity that you would have to do a very, very good job of fixing AND BRACING to ever get the car to handle properly. To my mind replacing the complete motor pod is really the way to go.

Alwyn
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:06 pm

Agree....the pod is relatively inexpensive compared to the time and hassle of trying to get everything aligned again. The binding is an example of that. Get a new pod, swap the running gear, and you are back on the track.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Perrotoro » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:22 pm

Mikeinclover - if you got it I’ll order it. I looked on the site and didn’t see a racer sideways chassis specifiic to the “Racer SWCAR01B Sideways Lamborghini”. If you have let me know. If not, when can you get it?

PM me if you prefer

David
Perrotoro
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Perrotoro » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:52 pm

I’ll need the angle gear too, I think I got some CA in the set screw fitting too - grrrr! And I’ll add to the order - let me know - thanks.
Perrotoro
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SuperSlab » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:04 pm

SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:32 pm

cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Perrotoro » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:06 am

Ahhh - thanks for the save CJ,! And I see Harry had already posted the mounts. Thanks all!
Perrotoro
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Perrotoro » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:01 pm

Gear and motor mount and other on order w mikeinclover - thanks all
Perrotoro
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Perrotoro » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:04 pm

Got the motor pod - watched Clover's video on axle installation and improved my technique. All went well and so no shelf queen for this killer looking car. In my top performers' category. Woohoo! Thanks all! :text-thankyouyellow:
Perrotoro
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:26 pm

Great to hear the repair was a success!
cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Slot Car Garage