[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 3d chassis

3d chassis

YOUR Place To Share All Your Tuning Tips & Speed Secrets!

3d chassis

Postby Perrotoro » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:52 pm

Anyone had luck with national racer's 3D chassis for Revo Slot Porsche's? I'd like to substitute for the aluminum chassis if there's a good option.
Perrotoro
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 3d chassis

Postby arroldn » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:23 pm

I have a National Racer chassis under a MRRC Porsche 911. It is running in the SCCA proxy and finished 11th out of 30 cars last week. So I would think it is doing pretty well. There were also 2 or 3 under COT Nascar bodies that I raced here at my track last month. They ran really well too. I think they make a pretty good product from what I have experienced.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Perrotoro » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:11 am

Thanks Arnold.

Are there other 3D chassis producers that rate well? Top 3 maybe?

I suppose it's like this for all 3D chassis makers: with National it appears you order the chassis for Revo Porsche - and specify which Slotit motor mount you want. For yours, the chassis, motor mount, and car body went together reasonably well?
Perrotoro
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:16 am

I have an Olifer chassis under a Fly Marcos body and it is a race winner.

RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby lancelotalove » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:39 am

Perro,
I checked out what NR is offering for the Revo slot. Are you looking at the Porsche 911 GT2 (combo)?
You only get the chassis like the last picture. Nothing else comes with it. You have to supply the pod and all other parts.
The word "combo" just means you can use a inline/sidewinder or a anglewinder pod setup. When you order the chassis, you get it with the inline/sidewinder setup hole for slot it pod. If you want to use a anglewinder, the triangle tabs can be removed to use a anglewinder pod.
I have a 3DP chassis on a SCX nascar in a nascar proxy, and a NR chassis under a Fly BMW M3 in a touring car proxy.
I have 3dp products from Nat Racers, Olifer, CG slot, Slot it, and they go together well. Some have to cleaned up and screw holes may need to be opened up abit.
lancelotalove
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:05 pm

Perro,
The chassis stock caused the car to sit to high. I did not have the MRRC chassis to judge the stance by. So I looked at pictures of the 911. I thus adjusted the mounting post. I think I could have gone even lower. I thought I had a picture of the finished car. If I find it I will post it.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:08 pm

Found a picture of the MRRC Porsche stock chassis is also shown below the body.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Perrotoro » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:49 am

Thanks all - sounds like a fun project I'll give it a try!
Perrotoro
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Perrotoro » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:03 am

Arroldn,

Lowering the height on a few of my cars sounds promising. What method/tool do you use to shorten mounting post?

I don't suppose a lot of precision for my home racing will be required, but give me an idea what level of precision you go for. A good "eyeball" with follow up tweaks? Or maybe +/- a mm? I suppose I could shim w spacers if I over cut a bit?

Thanks
David
Perrotoro
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:24 am

David,
I generally measure the post and then tape off the cut line and depending on the diameter of the post use a toenail clipper or just dremel down to the tape with a sanding drum. Sometimes I just eyeball it. finish up with a flat file. If I go to far on one shim it with axle spacers. Not much precision.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Perrotoro » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:43 pm

Thanks again Arrold - I think I can handle that. Anxious to try.
Perrotoro
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Perrotoro » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:54 pm

Perrotoro
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:08 am

I won the Fly Marcos in a raffle and it was doomed to remain a shelf queen due to its front motor configuration. I was itching to try a printed chassis, so the Marcos was a perfect candidate. All that I used from the original car was the body and motor, the total cost of the conversion was high since I needed the chassis, a motor pod, gears, axles, wheels tires, and a guide flag.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby lancelotalove » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:30 am

originally a Fly BMW M3 with front motor. Converted with a NR3D chassis to sidewinder

https://storage04.dropshots.com/photos8 ... 170011.jpg
https://storage04.dropshots.com/photos8 ... 170019.jpg
lancelotalove
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Perrotoro » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:54 am

Very nice Lance! What are the indications on the front tires?
Perrotoro
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Slot Car Garage