[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Fly Tuning the HRW Way!

Fly Tuning the HRW Way!

YOUR Place To Share All Your Tuning Tips & Speed Secrets!

Re: Fly Tuning the HRW Way!

Postby goosenapper » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:41 am

It looks like pen tubing will be a lot easier for me to source than the vinyl stuff. I'll keep my eye out for it though. I have a few of these front-motored Fly's and I'll try just about anything that's an upgrade over the existing spring. Thanks for the tips.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:17 pm

Goose, I've used the pen tube on several and it seems to work well. Some of the "refills" are a bit small in diameter but if you flair the ends just a bit with a tool like a probe or icepick you get a nice snug fit. Make sure you cut above the "ink level" when sourcing your coupling particularly when the tube isn't clear(ask me how I know :doh: ).
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:24 pm

I cut the writing tip off, then press my air hose duster into the end, aimed into a big trash can in my shop full of rags or paper that's being tossed out. It just takes seconds. To get the last little bit out, I use a little 91% isopropyl in an old crystal case top. Pass a pipe cleaner through and there you are, at least six cars' worth of joiners completely clean.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby TsgtRet » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:23 pm

TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:04 pm

Has anyone done this Fly tune using the stock Fly bushings?
Just looking for a way to save a few bucks per car.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:18 pm

You mean the rear axle bushings? Yes, I leave mine in most times. Sometimes though, there is so much slop that you do not get all the vibration out, then you have to pony up and get some better fitting bushings.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Previous

Return to The Slot Car Garage