[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera DTM Tuning

Carrera DTM Tuning

YOUR Place To Share All Your Tuning Tips & Speed Secrets!

Carrera DTM Tuning

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:15 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Carrera DTM Tuning

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:34 pm

Thanks sir.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby SlotCarCorner » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:45 pm

Well done Harry!

:text-thankyouyellow:
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby Broman62 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:03 am

Simply awesome tutorial Harry!!! Your pics are fantastic and the close ups are very helpful!! :text-bravo:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:05 pm

Harry,

Great job on the article. What is the advantage of replacing the Carrera guide with the aftermarket guide?

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:12 pm

Thanks all.

The advantage is to get the guide lower to the slot. It allows you to set the front end up like I did to fine tune that tripod effect, essentially unloading most of the weight the front wheels are bearing in stock form.

I realize some feel that the fronts should shoulder some of the burden. I just don't subscribe to it. I want the fronts to just touch the track where they spin at speed and work more as outriggers.

Plus the advantage of a guide with zero freeplay, which goes a country mile when you get to slicing and dicing in the turns.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:14 pm

All of which, is simply being picky. I have several stock models and they work well enough. And if in stock form on Carrera track, you only need a driver and a few hours to indulge in some fun. Fine as is.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby chappy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:39 pm

Ok so i am already for the upgrades, but had to order 3 of the newer DTM Carrera cars to do it.
I have always liked them , and to see the report just pushed me over the edge.
Great report Harry thanks.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:59 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby hksk25 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:31 pm

Hey Bob, you will love the side by side racing they provide. Troy and I race them on his track probably more than any other cars. They are so evenly matched that driver error is the deciding factor in the outcome. I have changed the front bushings with Sloting Plus eccentric bushings to get front were I want it.

Harry
hksk25
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:35 pm

Well heres what i ordered 1 Mercedes #12 Juncadeira,,,2 Audi #1 Rockenfeller,,
3 BMW #16 Glock.
Should be about 10 days before they arrive for official photos lol.
Your right Harry even the stock ones are side by side, my downfall is i am a tinkerer.
Were you and Troy running PGs or Sillies.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby hksk25 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:54 pm

We run XPG's on Troy's track. Silicone don't work on his track. When I'm done with my track I'll be using urethane, also.
hksk25
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Slot Car Garage