[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Fly March Tuning

Fly March Tuning

YOUR Place To Share All Your Tuning Tips & Speed Secrets!

Fly March Tuning

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:46 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Fly March Tuning

Postby Abarth Mike » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:30 pm

Does your mate Paul still make the lead radiators?

Seems like sacrilege to remove that beautiful "70's? bulbous F1 profile from the tires? :o
Abarth Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:13 pm

Not even sure what that means.

Tires are very close to original size. If you don't care how it runs, then stick with high center/low contact tires.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:14 pm

Not even sure what that means.

Tires are very close to original size. If you don't care how it runs, then stick with high center/low contact tires.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby munter » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:33 am

Nice tuning article, Harry.
I have a Fly March...just one that I bring out sometimes. I know if I run it too much I will wreck it so it just gets the odd lap or two.

A while back I tried casting some tires. After doing some narrow ones I thought I would try something wide. These Fly March tires must be the widest 1/32 tire out there. I have done a few pairs now and have given a couple away but only used one set myself. I like alloy rims so I tried the Slotit F1 hubs...no good, too narrow so I looked around. I considered some of the CB design F1 hubs but as I was placing an order at Pendles I got something from there. These hubs are 14 x 14 and are still a tad too narrow. I glued and trued the tires and then fitted the wheels to a chassis I had sitting around for that final running in. The weight of the chassis and long can motor adds to the running in process.

I also used a hub and took a mould to make inserts. For some reason they are still not on the March.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:41 am

Nice work sir. The PG tires are very close to original size and I have been lucky being able to save the stock wheels.

HOWEVER, one car looks like it needs a rebuild and it might be time to get creative.

Thanks for the info.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Dangermouse » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:04 am

"Does your mate Paul still make the lead radiators?"

Someone - maybe Paul Gage made a mould of the side radiators and cast them in white metal - you removed the plastic ones and replaced with the metal ones to provide some weight at the rear

Can't find any reference to it on the net anymore
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:16 am

Gee, just noticed how raggy the inside face of my tires look...must give that a sand.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Slot Car Garage