[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Project: Cougar on Brass WIP

Project: Cougar on Brass WIP

YOUR Place To Share All Your Tuning Tips & Speed Secrets!

Project: Cougar on Brass WIP

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:49 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Project: Cougar on Brass WIP

Postby chappy » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:24 pm

Eyes on this one Harry.
looking good so far sir.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:40 pm

I liked the Scale Auto red guides, but this has real potential to knock them out.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:18 pm

I like the ScaleAuto guide a great deal. Still have bags of them. Just trying this and so far I like it. Each has a plus side. The ScaleAuto comes with shims which I like, the Sloting Plus does not, but comes with Ferrules. I have no need for those since I use the set screw method. But some use them.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:05 pm

I like having the chassis slide a little for adjustment ease. Just used simple tube approach.

Set the wheelbase with the body on and just a quick touch of the iron.

Curly and Mr. Economaki seem excited.

Anyway, getting there.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby chappy » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:17 pm

Love the stance , really looks the business.
B
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:35 pm

Thanks guys. Pffft...I can only hope to come in second to the Camaro!

Break time! Johnsonville to the rescue :)

Oh sorry...anyway back to work.

Finished the guide mount.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby SlotCarCorner » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:54 am

There's some skill on display there!! Nicely done!!

:text-bravo:
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:39 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ccobra » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:44 am

Since I'm still learning about the proper way to set up a chassis, how did you use the Johnsonville and chips to do that? :lol: I can never seem to get that height correct so excuse me for asking.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:32 am

LOL, well...

I use the wheels in the setup procedure. I will then adjust the body mount height to match the chassis.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:05 pm

The interior is the original, just cut down to allow motor clearance.

I use playing cards for work like this.

I removed the front and rear body sections from the chassis and glued them on the body. I then removed the old posts and sanded the wheel wells from the BACKSIDE.

If you do this, I cannot stress enough how sanding from the backside helps. These bodies are rather thick and you can remove quite a bit to allow a wider stance on the chassis. The Cougar really benefits from the small amount of width gained as it was modeled on the narrow side IMHO.

I like this sheet mount method. On this car the sheet is flush to the bottom. Due to my chassis design, it was clear I needed to adjust the mounts to have the body fit correctly.

So yes, I made an error. But easily corrected.

I mounted a strip of brass over the tops of the original mount tabs. Raised the body just enough to clear.

Chassis in paint shop and almost ready.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:36 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby chappy » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:52 pm

Nice job Harry, and what a great runner.
You must be very happy with the results of your labor.
Looks Good , Runs Good, whats not to like .
Great build thread sir.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:07 pm

Thanks guys.

Sounds fun to me. Let's make more :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to The Slot Car Garage