[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Project: Cougar on Brass WIP

Project: Cougar on Brass WIP

YOUR Place To Share All Your Tuning Tips & Speed Secrets!

Re: Project: Cougar on Brass WIP

Postby Cincyslots » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:43 am

AWESOME!!!!
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:36 am

:P
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:42 am

I have a Mustang body that has waiting in line to be done. And a pile of brass. Piranha motors? Hard body? Urethane tires? Anything goes for the rest? Whaddaya think?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby gascarnut » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:57 am

I'm in for a Brass-Am series!

Perhaps we could get Paul Gage or Art to make a single batch of tires that we all use? Let's decide on a size that fits a wheel we can all buy, and get the tires marked with a dot or a color. A single motor spec would also be a good idea, then is is all about the brass.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:06 am

PG Makes 21105 like I used here. Always available. SCC and PG has them in stock.

Not sure why they need to be "marked".

Stayed with HAWK motor for performance close to Scaley stock.

The series was just a whim and for the fun of building. No proxy plans.

Instead, the challenge is to build one for yourself and post it. Build it to your OWN taste/rules/specs.

You can of course follow the specs I used in this build and if maybe we can hold a little "Invitational" someday.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby glasshorsevh » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:11 pm

I really like that rectangular brass guide arm idea. I'm probably going to make off with that one...

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby rbianchi » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:29 pm

Hmmmm.........I like that photo of the painted chassis being "inspected" in the garage. Do I spy Harry in the back left corner "adjusting" another motor with his favorite tool :lol:
rbianchi

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:31 pm

LOL, busted :) I applied duct tape soon after to complete the repair.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby gascarnut » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:05 pm

gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:27 am

Another exquisite how to build!! I just salavitate when I see these brass builds!!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DManley » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:15 pm

This has me going. I have only tried a piano wire chassis, and it was only partly successful. It ran, but the plastic chassis it replaced was just as fast. I have a couple of bodies that would be fun to do this with. They have been run pretty hard, and need a repaint, but no major bits are broken off. I can fill and smooth a bit during the paint prep. I might go with the steel wheels that everybody (Including myself) has been drooling over in the other thread.

Harry, what size is the square tubing you used for the frame rails on this one. I don't want to invest too much into the wrong stuff before I even start.

Thanks,
Dave
DManley

Postby Audi1 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:23 am

What is the BrassAm? Reading the contraction and looking at the pics; TransAm cars with brass chassis. Is this a proxy or fun run?

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:53 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby DManley » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:22 am

Thanks for the link Harry. I had seen that article before, but when I needed it, I couldn't find it. I am probably going to rip off your design for my first real brass chassis that works. After I have built one of them, then I can start changing things up to meet my needs.

Thanks again.
DManley

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:17 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

PreviousNext

Return to The Slot Car Garage