[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Sometimes the little things like a bushing...

Sometimes the little things like a bushing...

YOUR Place To Share All Your Tuning Tips & Speed Secrets!

Sometimes the little things like a bushing...

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:57 pm

This might be my new favorite bushing:

Sloting Plus "Victor II"

Sometimes while working on various chassis you run across a situation where you just can't seem to get it right. This was in a Carrera Torino and after trying to fit a standard set in here, I remembered I had a set of these. Snapped them in and bam! Smoothest fit. Tip the chassis, the axle falls out...you know you have it right then :)

At about 7 bucks a pair they are not giving them away...but on most projects of mine, I'll go for items like this to save me time and give me good results.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Sometimes the little things like a bushing...

Postby SuperSlab » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:36 pm

I have been a huge fan and big user of the "original" Sloting Plus Victor's bushings (the ones with the white nylon/teflon housing with the bronze spherical bushing) for a long time now. I share your enthusiasm for the same reasons: all of a sudden alignment is a complete and utter non-issue.

Finding some can be a bit of a chore: I have been buying them as I find them... hence I have >10 sets right now....

I will have to try some of the Victor's II's as well some time. The blue outer casing looks a bit more rigid than the softish nylon on the white ones: do you find it "pinches" the bronze bushing and inhibits any movement at all Harry?

Absolutely one of my favourite tuning parts.
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:52 pm

None so far. I am just testing now, but appears to be an ideal part.

Yes, it's amazing how the good parts that work are harder to find :)

Like you, I'll get them when I can.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:56 pm

....What a ratfink....

....Still waiting on mine to make it over from the Old Dart...

:P
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby jcis4me » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:54 am

jcis4me
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:02 pm

I keep a couple of pairs of the white ones as a remedy when needed on cars. If Slotting Plus didn't have such outrageous prices, I'd trust just about anything they offer without a thought. As it is, I have to be completely convinced and have exhausted any other method of dealing with something. That said, I have the full set of nut/phillips/flat screwdrivers from them, several of the spherical bushings sets, and many other parts, because in the end, it was worth it to me, and I paid the high price. But I surely tried not to do business with them.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:09 pm

...Hang onto the white version bearings Rob.

I found out this week that they are out of production now, only the version that Harry posted pics of.

I was waiting on some of the white ones with an order, I thought they would be "most excellent" for one of my "Smokey Yunick" stock class builds that I am fond of doing....

....Hey if it looks like stock at first glance, the hard pressed scrutineer is probably not going to investigate any further :P
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Burglar » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:56 pm

I have the white ones in the front of my Pioneer Mustangs, where they do indeed look stock (but they don't feel stock!)

Disappointed to hear that they are discontinuing them. They have been easy to get, as a local shop in Adelaide seems to be the Australian distributor of Sloting Plus. $8 pair, which is the same as what he charges for Slot.It SIPA02s
Burglar

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:16 pm

Hi Burglar,

Yeah I put an order in with Getslotted last week for some, they chased it up with the UK distributor and that's what I heard back.

It's a bit of a pity, the "Smokey Yunick" look is one that I am very fond of when I do my rebuilds :)
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:31 am

All of my cars that use conventional bearings have had them aligned using the kit sold by Slot Car Corner. I have found that I have to check the alignment from time to time because plastic chassis can warp after a while. With sidewinder cars I have to check the alignment after I do a motor change. Boiling a chassis should take out any stresses that it has and make it less likely that it will warp later on. The Sloting Plus bearings are a cure for the alignment issue, it does get expensive if you race a lot of cars.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DAVE » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:56 pm

Slot it also uses self aligning spherical rear axle bushings, something I always considered a plus for them.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slotingplus » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:14 am

slotingplus

Return to The Slot Car Garage