[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Baby King (FK-180) in new Sideways Pod

Baby King (FK-180) in new Sideways Pod

YOUR Place To Share All Your Tuning Tips & Speed Secrets!

Baby King (FK-180) in new Sideways Pod

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:21 pm

Thought I would show the install of NSR Baby King in the new pod. Of course this will work on any FK-180 type motor such as NC-5's, etc.

Under your case is other brackets. You need to assemble this rear mount by installing the top tab assembly.

I found it best to use a needle nose as the fit is pretty tight.

Next remove the original front motor lower adapter.

Install the larger one.

Install the new front plate.

And the rear plate mount.

Secure the motor as you would normally.

All finished.

One thing that is different is that this motor sits flush at the bottom. The older pod allowed the motor to sit a little lower. My testing isn't showing any advantage either way, but my track is smaller and your mileage may vary.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Baby King (FK-180) in new Sideways Pod

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:53 pm

That looks like a nicely thought out system!
Thank you for sharing the pictures Harry!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Re: Baby King (FK-180) in new Sideways Pod

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:16 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to The Slot Car Garage