[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera Classic and Mark's M/T-1 Motors

Carrera Classic and Mark's M/T-1 Motors

YOUR Place To Share All Your Tuning Tips & Speed Secrets!

Carrera Classic and Mark's M/T-1 Motors

Postby ourwayband » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:45 pm

I've always enjoyed some of the older Carrera Classic cars,but had a hard time running them on wood.Light cars with too big of a motor.Bibbster comes along and lets me race some of his Ninco Classic and Litte Scalextric Vintage F1 cars that have been de-motored.( I guess that is a word?)He uses Mark's M/T-1 motors and they are a blast to run!Then Harry comes down and passes around a vett that he has fine tuned and de-motored,now I have no choice but to try this. I ordered a few Motors from Mark to try out on some of my aging Carrera cars.I will have to say that we now have a new group of cars to run.These are just right now in the speed department,very smooth with a little tuning, and just plain fun.Funny that you can get a better lap time with a slower motor,but you can...I'm now racing some cars that have been decoration for some time..They also run pretty well with the ninco too.

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Carrera Classic and Mark's M/T-1 Motors

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Good stuff Rusty, great looking line up. Looks like I need to blow the dust off a couple of mine now :)

Yeah...best motor source for classic racing in the hobby. Just re-ordered myself for the new Carrera line.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Florida_Slotter » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:12 pm

Rusty,

I have to agree with Harry - great info.

Can you share with me as to what voltage you are running your Scalextric Classic F1 cars at?

Right now we are limited to running on plastic track at our club. If Santa comes through as promised, then we should have our new to us routed track up and running in time for Christmas. It should arrive on site by next week.

A few of us have the Scalextric Classic F1 cars and truly love running them around. At present we have put out voltage to 10.0 volts so we can control the cars.

Looking forward to hearing your voltage setting. Thanks for sharing.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby ourwayband » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:22 pm

Hey Marty,I think they are running around 9 to 10 volts.Maybe Harry or Bibbster will chime in here as they own a few.You guys are going to love the wood.Not bad mouthing Plastic track at all,but the wood is a total different experience..
thanks
guys!
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:56 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Florida_Slotter » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:32 pm

Harry,

While I have and can go very fast, it is not something that I find necessary when running slot cars. Basically if the track will hold it, then I feel it is my job to find out how fast a car can go around a track.

In my honest opinion, if you have all the cars in the race capable of running laps that are .0001 difference between all the cars, that is a true race. I'm not really interested in how fast, but rather how close the racing it.

As you go faster the 'spread in performance' between the cars widens. If I can dial in the setup so I can have all the cars in the race so even that it comes down to what the driver can do with the car, then I have done my job.

The reason I asked about the voltage is simple; I feel that a lower voltage will simply take away the 'high end' differene between motors and make the competition even closer. That's why I asked it.

Once we get the wood track up - perhaps y'all can run down for Speedweeks - we're about 30 minutes away - and assist in bringing our new track up? I'm sure we can find some guest lodging for you with no cost involved.

I'm looking forward to racing on the new track and just trying to come up with ways to make the cars close to one another.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Florida_Slotter » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:41 am

Jeremy,

I guess great minds think alike! On our Scalextric Sport track we run the voltage at 10.0 volts for the Scalextric Classic F1 cars. With the stock tires and magnets in the car they are a handful. Kind of like the original car was. If you do something stupid, you're on your rollbar and on fire! Without a doubt a lot of fun for experienced folks, but I might have to order myself a couple of the MT motors to take the sting out of them for our new routed track - which also has an adjustable power supply.

BTW - I really like the voltage display you had posted about in another thread. I will have to get one and set it up on the driver's stations so no one has to continually ask, "What voltage are we running at?"
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby ourwayband » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:29 pm

Needless to say Bibbster,BIG thank you for all of the help.I learn something everytime we get together!
Thanks man!

rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:39 pm

Added another,what I'm calling Carrera Classic cars to the line up.A little MASERATI.Added weight in the mag holder,Paul's tires,( pioneer Mustang fit just right),Mark's motor and shimmed the guide.Now my fastest Classic..
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:47 pm

Great work.

You know, you are nothing but trouble. I have happily ignored my D-Types for years. But now?

Nooooo, you have to do things like this :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ourwayband » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:58 pm

Glad I could help Harry ;)
If I was you I would just junk those D-type cars.They don't run well on wood I've heard...
I just happen to have a junk pile down here that you can throw them on.. :D

They are some fun little cars with just a tad of work,and just about everyone owns a couple.

rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Slot Car Garage