Wanted: Tuning advice on MRRC Sebring and PCS32 Chassis

YOUR Place To Share All Your Tuning Tips & Speed Secrets!

Wanted: Tuning advice on MRRC Sebring and PCS32 Chassis

Postby mrollingthunder » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:50 pm

OK, so I have my Sebring chassis and bodies done for the upcoming PonyCar and CanAm proxy races, but aside from last years attempts. very little experience with making these cars handle. Any suggestions? I do have to ad weight for one of the proxy's as there is a 3 oz. minimum and the car comes in at 2.4 oz., so I have to add quite a bit!

Any advice on the location and amount to add will be appreciated. I'm going with a resin Capri body again, so it will be on the tall and narrow side with the track at just about 2".

For the CanAm I'm going with the standard MRRC motor and an MT motor for the PonyCar.

I also have a couple of test mule PCS32 chassis with the Fly Black Stripe motors that I could use for the CanAm, but I have "0" experience with these, any ideas?

Thanks,

Don M
mrollingthunder
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Wanted: Tuning advice on MRRC Sebring and PCS32 Chassis

Postby jmsh54 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:25 pm

Don, for the Sebring chassis if it is allowed and you are running on woood or a Carrera track swap out the guide for a Slotit guide for wood tracks. If not change it to the standard Slotit guide for plastic tracks. This will make the car corner much better. For the PCS use a brass tube for the front axle to ride in. Some of the PCS chassis' are pretty sloppy where the front axle rides. One good place to add weight to the PCS chassis is the underside of the flap that sticks out from the chassis. Putting it there will bring the center of gravity way down and still give you good clearance under the chassis if there is a rule about that. Others will probably other tips but this is what works for me. Regards, John
jmsh54

Return to The Slot Car Garage