[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Tuning Monogram NASCARS

Tuning Monogram NASCARS

YOUR Place To Share All Your Tuning Tips & Speed Secrets!

Tuning Monogram NASCARS

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:50 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Tuning Monogram NASCARS

Postby Scatman1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:01 pm

Harry, you ever try the 15x7 wheels instead of the 8's? It seems after switching to the 15x8 and using yellow dogs, I have to do some sanding for them to fit under the body.
Scatman1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:58 pm

...One of my next great feats in life....

...Getting one of these to run as well as a Carrera...

Love them, just need to spend some "quality" time with them, ahhh my little cherubs....
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:11 pm

No sir, I just use the 15x8. With the PG tires shown, they fit pretty well. I always sand a little on the inside anyway, so no fitment issues.

And they just run smoother with a slightly wider tire.

But hey, no wrong way to do it really. Tune it how you like it :)

Rob...it can be done and they are great runners.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:13 pm

Oh H....

...I've religiously collected every one of them, and only tuned the one :(

I love them to bits, just got to summon up the go to have another go tuning them...

....I'll use this as my template, with mag though!!!
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby smallblockhero » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:08 am

i had an issue with mine on a carrera track for some reason. on scaley , SCX or routed... ran great with just silicones on it with a slotit 26k out back. bottomed out and hung up on the carrera track though. never figured it out. just didnt use it on that track anymore.
smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Scatman1 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:29 am

Well, I'm having a great time with my Mono's. Changing the motor and tires was a big help. I've done some with SCC wheels and tires and some with PG's. Also, have one with PG tires and motor change only. I think I'm going to try the 15x7 wheels next.
Scatman1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:57 am

Picked up the #17 David Pearson Fairlane it is a really nice looking car. I have done the basic tune up taking it racing tomorrow will see how it goes

DM
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Burglar » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:58 pm

Burglar

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:11 pm

I have fit some big ones under these cars just to see if I could.

The trick is to sand the inside sidewall. On this car I sanded the inside of the fendern well, but I did not really need to that much. They clear.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:05 pm

....Spot on H,

This can save a multitude of problems!
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby smallblockhero » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:16 pm

smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Burglar » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:32 pm

Oh, I run Slot.It crowns in mine. 1936 is what I have been running, but going to a 1836 or 1835 for the new one I'm building. For the 18mm though it's not really worth doing unless you are raising the axle. The 19mm though is slightly smaller than the stock one. I run 15x8 wheels with 1404 Yellow Dogs
Burglar

Return to The Slot Car Garage