[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Vintage Road Racing Roadsters

Vintage Road Racing Roadsters

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

Re: Vintage Road Racing Roadsters

Postby Audi1 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:26 am

Check out the new thread entitled "Time to ROAR". Time to have some more fun!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:43 am

I am not finding it?

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Audi1 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:09 am

It's there now!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:11 am

Got it! thanks

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby chappy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:55 am

Great thread Allan, I am in for sure.
Mike I will have a look at my Ninco Ferrari this morning and get some measurements and pics .
I can then send them to you and if it looks like it may work, I'll do a vacc version and send it off to you.
Bob T thanks for all the help your giving in organizing, it takes a good team.
Cheers all
Bob C
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby btaylor » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:06 am

Great Team effort here Guys! And thank you Chappy, for the catchy title! I love it.
I already in the design stages, in my head anyway! My entries will be a two car team, Both Marx brand 1960 SL Mercedes!
I have contacted studiors, to see what he can come up with for the ROAR as far as a logo decal set. nothing major, just something in the order of a Pan AM style. Maybe an outline of the US With the car number in the middle?

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:03 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:00 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:38 am

Great looking so far mike!
And yes you have to use a cutoff wheel to shorten axles,the are hardened stock.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby chappyman66 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:38 am

Yes, use the Dremel with the fiberglass reinforced cutting wheels to trim axles. Then just hold the cut end against the Dremel and rotate it, you have a nice smooth end.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:44 am

As Bob T said, a Dremel tool with a cut off wheel. A piece of emory cloth works great for cleaning any burrs on the ends.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:23 pm

And if you really want to do it up,,, put the axle in a drill or dremel, and with chrome polish, spiniit to polish it up. It looks good and has less resistance.
I even do, that with piano wire axles.
Bob C Chappy lol
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:47 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:57 pm

The body work on that birdie is fantastic, you really improved the look on the rear. Both great cars! The other Strommie Jag? sure would like to see that one, not sure I have that one in my collection, and I thought I had them all!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:22 pm

Whoops, I meant D Type. I am a 1:1 Triumph Spitfire owner and am always going back and fourth between the J type an D type overdrive units used in those cars.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Vintage Slot Cars