[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Vintage Road Racing Roadsters

Vintage Road Racing Roadsters

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

Re: Vintage Road Racing Roadsters

Postby btaylor » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:24 am

Mike, Just a quick update on the windscreen, The postal service had issues with weather, and has delayed shipment on the clear sheets. Soon as i get it in , i will be vac-ing the screens.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:48 am

Thanks Bob & Bob. Bob T. Not to worry. When I run out of materials to work with this on this one, I will pivot over to the other three builds I have going on right now. I still have a windscreen from Bob C that needs to be installed in the red TR250 and a bikini screen to build for the white TR250. I am still not sure which cars will go to ROAR. It might be an all TR250 race team.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:26 am

Mike , the only ROAR Progress i had made, was to get both om my Merc's in the alcohol bath. Did you know that nothing, and i mean nothing!, will remove the number 5 put on those Marx cars!!!! We use an industrial strength Graffiti remover around here, that will take the white off rice, and it wont touch it. I have resorted to fine sanding it off. That stuff has been on there since about 1963!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby chappy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:56 pm

Aha age spots lol.
Almost makes you wonder if UV rays over the yrs have had an impact .
Good luck with the sanding Bob, , will rubbing compound work on it.
Bob C
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:45 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:21 pm

Mike thats looking great, did you need to shorten the chassis much from standard or was it close enough to use one of the 2 front axle positions.
Your miles ahead of me , I will have some catch up to, do.
Bob C
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:43 pm

The Monogram Grand Sport chassis is shortened 1/8" on this one. I used a standard length Grand Sport chassis under the red TR250. It fit like a glove on the Strommy body. After I get all of these cars cleared, and If I don't move on to something else, I want to put another Grand Sport chassis under a cleaned up Strommy D Type too. It will fit as good in the Jag as it did in the TR250. I know cuz I tried one on for size. I bought quantity of 5 of the GS chassis awhile back so I have some stock in the cupboard in that regard. I love those chassis. I should buy some more.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:48 am

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:45 pm

Mike, That is beautiful! You have done an outstanding job on that old gal.
If Strombecker would have made them look like that, they would still be in business!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby chappy » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:02 pm

Very very nice Mike.
Like the livery, and the way you did the windshield.
It looks the part, I think I will skip, the concours aspect of the ROAR event lol
Nice work.
Bob C
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby filsautobody » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:18 pm

Well done 250 how about a foto of the chassis set up you used?
filsautobody

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:27 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:02 pm

Nice 'Cage - but that TR250 is gorgeous! Great work on that one Mike!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:24 pm

Thanks David.

There is a complete TR250 body on Ebay right now that I am going to try to take a run at. It has the exhausts, windscreen, lights and drivers head. The exhaust pipes are the hardest pieces to find on these cars. I bid it higher than I would have ever thought that I would offer for a Strombecker body. We'll see if I get it. If so, we will have some parts to make a mold to cast resin parts. I know that Bob T is thinking along those lines too.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby masmojo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:28 am

Love this era of car! good work!
masmojo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Vintage Slot Cars