[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Vintage Road Racing Roadsters

Vintage Road Racing Roadsters

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

Re: Vintage Road Racing Roadsters

Postby btaylor » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:35 pm

:lol: Thanks Mike! That kept me from scouring my old Strombecker paperwork looking for an elusive car!
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:27 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:32 pm

Nice work Mike! That will help a bunch, and no problems on this end, I will make up several while I have the buck here, we should have plenty.
Thanks for doing this.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:55 pm

Ho good. I was hoping that I wasn't signing you up for something that was unintended. But I did recall you made that gesture to help others with screens back when we began discussing this in the other thread. I'll probably get it sent out on Tuesday since my wife has some honey-do's for me to do tomorrow.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:15 pm

No problem, whenever it gets here, ill get started!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:46 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:09 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:40 pm

Wow Mike, That is looking fantastic. Changed the whole mood of that body. You know I am a big TR fan, and I really like what you have done with this. I may have to do a shameless copy, as I am about full up on these in regular trim.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:35 pm

If you want to copy her I would be honored Sir. I like this car too. I was going to paint her silver like the real car in the photo. I only painted her with the white as a base coat so that I could see what needs to be done to finish my modifications. I have some round 3/4" diameter sticky dots that I was going to use to mask my roundels when the color coat is applied. I am using Jim Heller decals which don't have white ink on them so if you want a white background, you have to have white paint under the decal. But I like the white pretty good too. Maybe I will leave her that way and just add some blue racing stripes for color.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:37 pm

You really made it nice. That would be a great race car anywhere.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:31 pm

Thanks Harry. I went looking for colored plastic soda pop and mineral water bottles at the super market to cut my bikini windscreen from. I came up with a lightly tinted blue bottle but hope to find something darker blue or grey.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:21 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:47 pm

Mike that 'Cage is really looking great!!!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:17 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:11 am

Looking good Mike, its a nice build.
It will certainly add to the atmosphere of the ROAR event.
Mine will have curbside appeal, lol but all in good fun.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

PreviousNext

Return to Vintage Slot Cars