[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Bob Taylor "Mini Classic 200"

Bob Taylor "Mini Classic 200"

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

Bob Taylor "Mini Classic 200"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:24 pm

Well, Locoracer Tom arrived for a visit this afternoon and the first thing I did was hand him the toy box fellow racer Btaylor sent us. It was the running mate to the first Mini.

We have been having a hoot cleaning them up and getting them to run.

Thanks Bob, they run fine. Still tweaking them...but it smells like oil and a little carbon down here, we need to run to the store and grab some wintergreen to complete it.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Bob Taylor "Mini Classic 200"

Postby BRP32 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:31 pm

A pair of cool old vintage rides you got there Harry!

Looks like a great time to be had running them!!!

Enjoy and have a great weekend!

:D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:17 pm

That is awesome Harry! :lol: I hope you Guys enjoy the heck out of them!, I can almost smell the rental controller burning up in my hands! :lol: My hats off to You and Tom, those little guys haven't seen battle in a LONG time.
It makes me smile.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Kemtronracer » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:15 pm

How about a pic of the chassis work for these cars; or is that top secret?
Kemtronracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:08 pm

Top secret? No...just classified but you have clearance.

I'll get a shot here later on.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:22 pm

That is great to see! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby btaylor » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:33 pm

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby FootScoot » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:15 am

Neat cars! Now you know I would find these. They're just my style. Are they 1/32 or 1/24? Please show the chassis. I'm always open to different ideas on builds. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:42 am

I bought two of these chassis and a box of those inline motors back in the 80s on some kind of super special blowout - a bit after the time when AutoWorld first put these parts/kits together. It seemed like it was an effort to deplete stocks of slot car parts - for a hobby that just wasn't as popular as it once was. There were posts about AutoWorld's creating these 'parts bin specials' on the other thread...

Anyway, these were among the first cars I had built - I used the 'minus one' approach... Fitting really small 1/24 scale sport car bodies to 1/32 frames. Instead of the Mini, I fitted a Sunbeam Tiger and a Porsche Speedster to the little nylon pan chassis with the inline Atlas - Pitman style motor. They were easy to build and went pretty well on my home track. They couldn't match some of the serious commercial stuff from back in the heyday that was in my collection - but they turned out fairly realistic and evenly matched - the perfect formula for a fun-to-race slot car.

I think the mini works particularly well because it can use short 1/32 wheels/tires and it still looks scale.

I have a static 1/24 mini kit on the shelf that I will revisit as a scratchbuilding project at some point - maybe FWD this time?

Just wanted to chime in - these look like a lot of fun!
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:14 am

Lovely Minis.

For those who weren't born when these were on sale, George Turner models have started doing a 1/24 Mini kit this year.

http://www.georgeturnermodels.com/index ... &pageno=32

David.
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:51 am

Thanks to Bob we have all the original parts now. I have them on tap to start working on them the next time my friend Tom comes by.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to Vintage Slot Cars