[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - What do you guys think of this K&B Ferrari shell?

What do you guys think of this K&B Ferrari shell?

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

What do you guys think of this K&B Ferrari shell?

Postby philo426 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:16 am

philo426
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: What do you guys think of this K&B Ferrari shell?

Postby ourwayband » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:08 am

looks great to me.Stick a chassis under her and go racing.. :)
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dr fabio » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:26 am

That's awesome, so much better than the Tamiya repro ones out at the moment. What scale is it? 1/24th?? Can you still find them, would love one.
dr fabio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby philo426 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:11 am

It is 1/24th.I wonder if a modern Carrera Chassis would fit ?
philo426
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:13 am

Always liked the Ferrari prototypes of that era. Ran downstairs to look at the one I have on the shelf in my collection. It's an original kit in the box, # 1806:800. The 800 part is the retail price. I've seen those K&B chassis here and there at model/slot shows, it would be great if you can find one to make the car complete. Never big performers, but the original chassis would be the thing for you to have.
Congrats and enjoy! -- Ernie
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby philo426 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:42 pm

Yes my preference would be to find a K&B sidewinder chassis.
philo426
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mseitz » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:53 pm

Haven't done much collecting in the last while but when I did this was my favorite era. There was a brief window when most of the model makers were cranking out beautiful 1:24 slot cars, 1964-1966. The engineering wasn't up to date with the model making so these cars were soon eclipsed by faster lexan bodied racers. The K&B chassis and motor is not nearly the fastest of that group but they are surprisingly smooth runners. Get an original chassis and enjoy the era would be my recommendation. They are not that hard to find on ebay and not that expensive. Paul gage makes a tire that hooks them up quite well."
Mseitz

Postby philo426 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:31 pm

Thanks!the proportions of the body look great!
philo426
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mseitz » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:09 pm

The body you have does not often come with such a good windscreen. You're lucky. Professor motor has some repro decals that would look great. There are a few vendors who provide wire wheel inserts. These cars came with either a Challenger or a Super Challenger motor. Neither are too fast but fine when racing each other.

Piece yours together and join the fray!
Mseitz

Postby Fast Co. » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:21 pm

Great pic of some of your many vintage cars Marcus. I think you need one of those K&B Ferraris too.
Steve
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mseitz » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:33 pm

Yep, one more and I've got a vintage IROC format. Then I just need three othe drivers who will curb their competitive nature and gently motor these antiques around the track. Know anybody like that? Me neither. It would still be loads of fun.
Mseitz

Postby philo426 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Thanks for the heads up!Is the wrap around windshield vulnerable to damage?I will have to take it easy if i can find a chassis.The stripes on the Daytona coupe look great!
philo426
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:57 am

BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Reegs » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:58 am

Ernie - How often do they have the NNL show in Wayne? And when?
Reegs

Postby BIG E » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:55 am

The NNL East is probably the largest model car show East of the Mississippi River, and one of the top shows in the country.
Once you attend this show, you'll make it your business to go back every year!
The display area alone is as big as some other model show's entire floor space, plus TWO big vendor rooms.
And remember, this is a motorhead's paradise -- only model cars, trucks, and bikes! No military, figures, sci fi, ect. at this event.
I was on a waiting list for a few years before I could secure vendor space.
If you're planning to attend, PM me and I'll tell you where to find my vendor tables so you can come and say hello.
This annual show is typically the third Saturday of April -- the next is April 18, 2015. Bring your cash stash, and arrive EARLY!
Check their big website at <nnleast.com> for lots of photos and info.
Hope to see you there... Ernie
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Vintage Slot Cars