[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - A pair of golden oldies!

A pair of golden oldies!

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

A pair of golden oldies!

Postby btaylor » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:00 pm

Just got these today, along with two sets of PG tires for them. lubed them up, and popped on some fresh urethanes, set the voltage to 6.5 and let em rip! Other than some wheel hop caused by a little to much play in the axle bushing/body area, they both ran very good! I have a fresh set of decals for these as well,and I think a restoration is order to bring them back to 1964 condition.
As much as I love my scratch builts,and kitbashed cars,i will always have a soft spot for the old Eldon's and Strombecker cars.
Now I have two more.
BobImage
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: A pair of golden oldies!

Postby dge467 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:02 pm

Ahh, the classics! They look great. I love running the oldies myself also!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby chappy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:28 pm

Now thats just plain cool.....
Where's the like button gone.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby ourwayband » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:04 pm

Very cool and a great picture!!

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:44 am

Now those are way cool!

I do remember the cars from 'back in the day' and by today's standards they were, well lacking.

Great to see you having them up and running.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby btaylor » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:43 pm

Got the bodies ready,some new paint and decals,chassis's got new cox ring gears as they were both cracked. epoxied the axle mounts and re-drilled. waiting for the clear coat to set so I can handle them enough to put back together.Image
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby btaylor » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:55 pm

I should have done the 18 decals on the white car to be historically accurate,but I didn't think about it till it was to late :doh:
Oh well the wheels on them are all wrong anyway,so what the heck,they wont be languishing in a closet somewhere never to run again.
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby LAMing » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:04 pm

Wow! Those look EXCELLENT. Well done!
LAMing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:17 pm

Those old Eldon Indy Roadsters are so cool, and yours are just beautiful, running them makes it even better!
I've got one new in the box (never been on the track) white car, so I'm just keeping it on the shelf in the collection.
Very, very, nice -- Thanks for sharing them with all of us!
Enjoy driving those classics... Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:34 pm

Bob,

Funny thing - I was going to ask in my first post when you were going to paint them to add some character.

Now they're both done.

Great job!
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby btaylor » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:03 pm

Thanks Marty! here they are all race ready have about 250 laps on them each after this last weekend!
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:40 pm

WOW! Those look great!!! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Racie35 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:33 pm

These cars are cool....great job :banana-dance:
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:44 pm

:handgestures-thumbup:
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:53 am

What urethane a did you use? Do you know if they'll fit the newer eldon lotus and offy with the taller wheels? I just picked up the offy and I really like it. Maybe I'll remove these decals and try something like you did. At least clean it up.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Vintage Slot Cars