[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ever want to remotor those ol' ELDONS,Now you can!!!

Ever want to remotor those ol' ELDONS,Now you can!!!

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

Ever want to remotor those ol' ELDONS,Now you can!!!

Postby ourwayband » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:18 pm

Well with a little begging and crying by me, Bibbster and the boys at Devis Designs have made an adapter so that one can use any regular can motor in an ELDON chassis.Well actually,when Jeremy first told me of their up coming 3D printing,he asked what I would like to see produced.
I'm geared a little different then most..So I mentioned of how it would be great to have a way of using a regular size can in the ELDON chassis.Lots of those big ol' motors are well spend,if not totally gone.To my surprise,last Saturday as we were running the drag race proxy he handed me these..Said test them out and see what you think.Well I have,and they hit the nail on the head.Easy to use.Just snap in your motor and then snap in the adapter with motor into the chassis.That's it..No glue,no trimming,nothing.
they fit tight,just right.
I hope they sell a ton of them,because they just made this ELDON running guy one happy kid!
Pretty cool that modern tech is allowing us the revive these 50 year aged vintage cars.
Here is a link to their site,try um,you'll like um!!
http://devis3ddesigns.com/
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Ever want to remotor those ol' ELDONS,Now you can!!!

Postby dge467 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:54 pm

I would love to try them, but couldn't find them on the site.
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby ourwayband » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:32 pm

I believe that they will be posting them in a few days.Bibbster should chime in here and let us know when.
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:26 pm

Now THAT is cool.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:18 pm

This was the number 1 reason I stayed away from Eldon all these years. That issue is now solved! Great work gents on an important piece to bring these cars up to date!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby chappyman66 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:15 pm

Oh yeah........
No more caulk and hot glue. That's very super cool. With the right tires, they really aren't horrible cars, and it's fun to have them running again! Thanks, Devis3D!
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:31 pm

Very cool. I've had an Eldon in the parts box and this may be the answer. Any chance of a similar application for the Strombecker plastic chassis'?
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:04 pm

How about for SCX?
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TardyBob » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:00 am

@ Retro: Got something cooking on that front too! Busy Busy Busy these days!
TardyBob

Postby btaylor » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:08 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby a110alpine » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:12 pm

running that eldon nylon chassis higher than 8 volts might cause the the rear axle housing to crack. too much vibration. i have learned from experience . i don't know about the later plastic black and brown frames. of course you could work on dampening the shock.. i don't bother because i run them at 5-6 volts.
a110alpine

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:47 pm

That is slick! I see something else I will have to add to my next order! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby BIG E » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:07 am

Very cool, guys. To many, ELDON is the classic early-mid 1960's American home racing set that many of us had our first larger scale
experience with, myself included. Of course, most reading this forum know how popular they are with collectors today.
This product brings new racing life to the entire series produced so long ago in Hawthorne, CA.
On the job, I can't believe the stuff that pops out of the 3D printer for us to use during the development/prototype phase of projects.
My main experience with these small modern motors has been in 1/24 commercial track type cars. I've found that many of them
have surprisingly good torque and speed, in relation to the "industry standard" and much larger 16D motors.
My question is, are the ELDON racer/collectors doing this retrofit using a specific brand or model motor, if so, what is being used?
I'm also wondering, besides installing modern tires, is weight being added to these relatively lightweight vintage racers?

This is great stuff, thanks for this new product and any additional info. Enjoy... Ernie
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:27 am

Hey Ernie,I find a little weight added to the chassis behind the guide seems to help the cars track better.So Far I used Mark's MT1 motor.Seems just about right for speed and power.But that is just my opinion..ya know what they say about opinions..
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TardyBob » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:07 am

TardyBob

Next

Return to Vintage Slot Cars