[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Thru Dead Man's curve with ELDON

Thru Dead Man's curve with ELDON

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

Thru Dead Man's curve with ELDON

Postby ourwayband » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:21 pm

Looks like the field is tightly packed heading for the drop of the rag..
Seems a few have already had to pit too.. :)
All ELDON,all fun to run..Just thought maybe this post would encourage others to post some of their vintage stuff....
I keep finding myself draw back to these vintage toys,and always have fun running them..

Rusty
Maybe a night race..
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Thru Dead Man's curve with ELDON

Postby chappy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:30 pm

Rusty , wasn't it Franky Ifield that sang ,, I remember, ,,
Thanks for the memories, great old cars
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 pm

I've never seen that many Eldons in one place ever- that covers 52 years in slot cars.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:05 pm

I don't have any handy, but really like the view sir.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ourwayband » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:08 pm

Big Thanks guys!!

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:33 pm

Ouch! I just had to kick myself again for giving my Eldon stuff away. :lol: Fantastic looking field Rusty. Thanks for sharing.

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:34 pm

Great looking collection Rusty! I picked up a few more off of Craig's List a few weeks ago!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby LAMing » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:10 pm

Cool pic!

Eldon:

When younger I was a Strombecker kid. In the early 1990's I entered the vintage slot car hobby (way before it was goofy) and amassed quite a collection of Strombecker as well as other brands, but not Eldon.

HOWEVER...

When I was a youngster a department store was closing out their stack of Eldon's figure 8 "Crash Cars (jalopies)" sets leftover from Christmas. I recall the set being priced at something like 9-10 dollar range. I snatched one up and wow, did I ever have a ton of fun with that simple set! I eventually played it to death and it was (probably) thrown out to the trash can as I matured away from such "toys" and started chasing girls.

Anyway, I now find Eldon very interesting and I have this silly notion that "someday" I'll stumble upon a mint Crash Car set that's not priced through the roof and once more enjoy watching the parts fly at the intersection!
LAMing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:09 pm

WOW! That is quite the field of Eldons!!! Very cool!
I don't have near that many - but that is what we had at the house growing up and drove the wheels off of them (which is why I still have a soft spot for the Ford J car to this day... :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby ourwayband » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:12 pm

Thanks guys.Bibbster I'm ready to take on the TV champ :D
just let me know when.
LAMing,very cool story my friend.Keep on looking,you'll find one sooner then later I hope.
Jeff,man what did ya get on CL??
Interested folks want to see.. :D
Todd show off your rides there buddy..
Me,I'm always looking for more..Bad habit I guess....

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:37 pm

Rusty -
I will have to dig them out for a photo op here in the near future... Won't be as impressive as yours above - but there have been a lot of smiles per hour put on those babies over the years! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby dge467 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:42 pm

dge467
The King of Foil

Postby ourwayband » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:58 am

Jeff, I can tell from here you DON'T need those. ;) You should send them someplace where they can hang out with their own kind....... :idea: :)
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LAMing » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:18 pm

Is that a Crash Jalopy body I see?
LAMing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:12 pm

These eldon cars are interesting. It seems to be a cheap way to collect and run vintage slot cars. Do you guys repaint them, or simply keep them stock ?

How do the indy/vintage open wheeled perform ?

thanks
demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Vintage Slot Cars