[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Here's a few I've had since the 60's

Here's a few I've had since the 60's

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

Re: Here's a few I've had since the 60's

Postby DAVE » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:53 pm

Surprisingly there are a lot of NIB Classic Manta Rays still around, A couple years ago I picked up one
that was missing the Lotus body, but otherwise had never been run.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Hotrodbob » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:49 am

Hotrodbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:23 pm

Cool Deal Bob!!Let us know how she runs.I've read up a little on this system in an ol' Slot car book.Very unique deal.
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Hotrodbob » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:59 pm

Hotrodbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LAMing » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:48 pm

I too, thought these AMT "Turnpike" race sets looked like the bomb "back when". I'm anxious to hear as to how it performs and how you like it.
LAMing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:17 pm

Groucho, very nice Classic "Viper" 1/24 'thingie' slot rod. Had one a while back, got it running real well, and then this guy at the raceway makes me an offer I couldn't refuse! Sometimes havin' the thing to play with is worth more than the $$$, but they'll be other cool vintage slots to play with down the road. Have fun with yours!
As pointed out earlier, the candy blue #5 car is indeed an original TYCO "S" series HO slot car body. They had inline, worm gear chassis with beautiful chrome wheels, the same basic size as the old Aurora Hop Up Kit wheels. The tires were very nicely molded and made of a good quality rubber, too.
I used them as a 'secret weapon' on my T-Jets back in the days before aj's came along and changed our lives with their great line of silicone tires.
I've got one of those Ferrari Testa Rossa cars in my collection in the candy red color. The D type Jaguar and Cheetah cars, along with the Lotus and BRM Formula One racers are other favorites in my collection from that series, despite their size. Those things were HUGE compared to everything else on the market back then!

Thanks to all for sharing the photos... Enjoy! -- Ernie
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Vintage Slot Cars