[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Please help me I need help a wiring wal port

Please help me I need help a wiring wal port

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

Please help me I need help a wiring wal port

Postby OL Mike » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:42 am

Image I need to under stand how to rewire this walpot :oops: its fromt he 60 its Revell like tho use the controllers came with it thank you
OL Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Please help me I need help a wiring wal port

Postby RichD » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:37 am

Here is the actual circuit. I have never seen the bottom of a Revell power track section. You need to connect your power supply to the middle set of holes. There are three connections, but I suspect that only two of those are used. Probably the bottom two connections are for the plus and minus from the power supply. If you are only going to use resistor controllers you do not have to worry about polarity, so just hook up the power supply and if the cars go in the right direction you are good to go. If the cars run backwards just reverse the wires from the power supply.

RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OL Mike » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:20 pm

LOOK AT ALL THAT BRASS Image I PAID $14.00 to find ut how rewire a wal -port Image to see how it work I took the controller apart just to how it work's Image FROM plug to he id-ode Image Image THIS WHAT LOOKS LIKE WHEN TAKE A PART Image THANK FOR THIS HELP THIS TRACK SET IN BOX FOR 30 YEARS
OL Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:55 pm

I used the above diagram on my old Strombecker track and it works great. I didn't have a working power track so I made one. I put it off for a long time because I was a little unsure, but once I started it was easy.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dr fabio » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:31 am

Consult your own physician prior to plugging in the power as the advice provided is of a general nature.

The central 3-hole socket. The hole further away from the track rails is the common negative. The hole closest to the track rails is the positive

The two outer 3-hole sockets. The holes closet to the central socket are the positive holes. These go to the positive part of the resistor barrel. The middle holes go to the negative brake band end of the resistor barrel. The holes furthest away from the central socket go to the wiper of the controller.

Make sure the negative (brake band) and the positive band on the resistor barrel are NOT connected in any way. Do you own a multimeter? It should read open circuit

Hope that helps.

cheers
dr fabio
dr fabio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby racerk86 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:35 pm

Not sure how permanent you want it to be, but when I would set mine up for a weekend and tear it down, I would take (2) 1 inch pieces of 1/8th brass and solder wires to it. I would then connect them to my power supply. If I remember correctly and looking at the picture you have, the front hole is the negative and the rear hole is the positive when looking at it from above. Worked well for me until I set it up permanent.
racerk86

Postby OL Mike » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:40 am

OL Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Vintage Slot Cars