[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Revell Rug racing with Eldon

Revell Rug racing with Eldon

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

Re: Revell Rug racing with Eldon

Postby ourwayband » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:15 pm

Hey Thanks La Ming and Ernie for the comments and advice!!!!
I've already put it up on a table and will be adding a small amount of track to finish it up to the wall.
Still the basic set,but fun!!!Plus it is easier to reach!! :D
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LAMing » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:45 am

LAMing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:45 am

Well we got the Revell Rebel 400 Raceway off the floor.(I know that this set isn't the rebel,but we like the name!)Added some track,thanks to David ,and are now ready to race in the 60's :D .I just added up,this track is almost 50 years old.Kinda makes me glad we are still kids at heart.....

Rusty
Last edited by ourwayband on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:09 am

That is about as cool as it gets.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ourwayband » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:38 am

Thanks guys,it's all about FUN!

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LAMing » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:40 pm

LOVE your new track set up! Great racing (equal lanes w/aprons)... vintage feel... super neat room enviornment... what's not to LOVE????

Sigh... makes me miss my vintage stash I had decades ago even more. I know, I know... I did it to myself... so quit the whining. :violin:

OH... tip of the day:

Want to REALLY make it feel like "back when"? Then...

* Find some oil of Wintergreen (still available at most Ma & Pa drug stores).

* Place small piece of folded paper towel in the bottom of a small plastic container. (I used a butter cup.)

* Soak the paper towel in Wintergreen and set the cup somewhere in the room.

Presto! Your room will smell EXACTLY like the old commercial raceways we all frequented and had so much fun on "back then".

Enjoy!

Andre
LAMing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:47 pm

Yeah, much of that modern Oil of Wintergreen is now synthetic, I've been told. Still stinks up the house, though! My friend's Mom used to kick us out after returning from our after school trips to the raceway. Even a few miles on our bicycles in the fresh air didn't get rid of the smell.
Careful if you use the oil for the old softening of the rear tires trick. It still works, but might not react favorably with the plastic track, and you probably don't want it all over your vintage cars, anyway.
There's nothing like finding an old wooden slot box, opening it up for the first time in years, and gettin' a wiff of that stuff. Then you start counting how many pairs of flat, rotted tires you're gonna have to replace! :>)
Also, that's one table full of FUN you've got yourself, there! Enjoy!! -- Ernie
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:23 pm

I have been informed by Sundazed Records in upstate NY that, unfortunately, the SOUNDS OF THE SLOTS album is currently out of print, and there are none left in their inventory.
Guess if you want one you'll have to search the independent record shops and such. It's pretty cool, and still should not cost too much at all. They were about $13.99 new.

The album info is further back in this thread. Happy hunting! Rock (and slot) on -- Ernie
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:53 pm

Good Info Ernie.
I had the vinyl of that same recording a few years ago.Messed around and sold it.One of my cleaning stuff up moments..
We do have it on CD.I think if you search the net there is a free down load for it if any one is looking.
Man looking at that revell track makes me want to set it back up again..

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:11 pm

"Man looking at that revell track makes me want to set it back up again.."

I second that emotion :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Previous

Return to Vintage Slot Cars