[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Revell Rug racing with Eldon

Revell Rug racing with Eldon

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

Revell Rug racing with Eldon

Postby ourwayband » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:45 pm

No it's not a guy with a bad toupee dating a girl named Eldon.... ;)

Just got around to putting the Revell track together that we found at a yard
sale a couple months back.I had forgotten how big and well made the Revell track is.
Nice stuff with deep slots and wide.Fun to run new or Vintage stuff on.Now we can once again set up a ghost car and do some redneck racin'..Forgive the controller mess.Had to wire up a parma as one of the Revells were shot.Yep it's just a figure eight,but a large one,about 10 feet long..Also,both lanes match :roll:

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Revell Rug racing with Eldon

Postby hoganracing » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:00 pm

Looks good, Rusty.

You seem to be able to squeeze a lot of fun into a small space!

Patrick
hoganracing
Frequent Flyer

Postby BRP32 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:23 pm

Hey Rusty!

Love the track layout!

I really like the original box with box art too!

Great sense of nostalgia there!

Enjoy!

Wayne (Bolton's Speed Shop and Paint Works) :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:25 pm

Thanks Patrick and Wayne!!
It's just a rug track that will be taken down.But it is fun.May put it up on a table later.I gave my brother some ol scaley classic track a few years ago.We were racing on large tracks here at the house and I was trying to get more folks involved.He set up a small kinked oval,2 laner.Invited me over and we had just as much fun on the small track as we did on the big ones..Just goes to show,fun is were ya find it..

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:38 pm

I hear ya Rusty!

A small track is just as fun as a large one.

Here is my 4 x 12 scaley sport 4 laner. The pics shows missing track pieces but I just finished it up this weekend.

Lots of action in a small area.

Especially with 4 cars!

Wayne (Bolton's Speed Shop and Paint Works) :D :D :D

BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:54 pm

Nothing wrong with that Rusty.

Now...getting down there is easy, but getting up might take me awhile (old man)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby hoganracing » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:16 pm

hoganracing
Frequent Flyer

Postby Ember » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby ourwayband » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:55 pm

Nice layout Wayne!!Looks like tons of fun!!

Harry if ya come down,it will be on a table for the older crowd.........
Plus ya can still race on the possum.......

Ember that is a cool record.We had one like it but messed around and sold the dang thing..

rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:09 pm

Love the old school stuff! Revell is great track.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dge467 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:20 pm

Cool! I love the vintage stuff!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby ourwayband » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:08 am

Hi Hear ya Bibbster!!
David,those are 21"s.
Fun to drift thru too..
Thanks guys
rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LAMing » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:26 pm

Ahhhh vintage slots!

My childhood "memories" are with Strombecker, mainly. However when I was into vintage slot racing/collecting in the early to mid 90's, I again started with Strombecker, but migrated over to Revell after purchasing a vintage Revell set. Excellent track, though a bit brittle after all these years. However, by the time of my Big Sell-Out (stupid, stupid, stupid) I had BOXES of nice Revell track, including all sorts of borders, banked curves, 14" and 21" curves/etc, etc. Tons of the stuff. Talk about creating some fantastic home racing tracks on a race night!

Ah... good memories.
LAMing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:32 pm

BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:58 pm

That SOUNDS OF THE SLOTS album (on CD) is available from Sundazed Records (sundazed.com) in upstate NY. The entire catalog is online, full of Surf and Drag albums, "Garage" bands and long forgotten 60's classics, both on CD and vinyl. Check them out... I need to say no more!
I found that original vinyl album (still sealed!) in a record store many years ago. I grabbed it immediately, took it home and played (made a cassette recording, remember those?) of it, and then stashed the vinyl into the record collection. Years later the CD became available. You'll find that most of the tracks are originally from the "Hondells" first album, with new vocals by some of the very same musicians singing about slot cars! This, the big connection to Gary Usher, the Hondells album, and much more cool info is included in the booklet that accompanies the CD version from Sundazed.

The Rug Raceway is the classic slot car set in it's purest form, and I'm glad to see someone having such fun with it. I would suggest that you protect your very cool vintage slot racers from unnecessary damage by setting a plastic sheet or piece of cardboard on the rug before placing the layout directly on to it. As many of us have learned (the HARD way, more often than not), the fibers from the rug can easily become entangled with the motor, gears, axles, ect. of even the best maintained slot cars. I'd be sorry to hear of you losing a motor on one of your vintage rides.
Here's to hours and hours of racing FUN... Ernie
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Vintage Slot Cars