Back Into Vintage... Without Really Trying!

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

Back Into Vintage... Without Really Trying!

Postby LAMing » Tue May 07, 2013 5:07 pm

Hi All!

Had new heat/AC units installed in the house this week. The heat/AC guy saw my hobby room (trains, slots, airplanes, etc, etc) and zeroed-in on the slots and trains. He said he had some "old slot stuff" that was up in an attic of a house he bought and wanted to give it to me.

Just like Lady Chatterly said to her next lover: "Sure... why not!".

He brought three large boxes of stuff yesterday. Haven't had a chance to thoroughly go through it, but here's what I'm seeing at a glance:

One Eldon 1/24 set w/box (box very dusty and not in the best of shape). Inside is a bunch of Eldon 1/24 track. Also inside were the set controllers and at least a couple of Eldon 1/24 cars (poor condition). Also some 1/24 vac formed bodies including what appears to be a Classic Manta. (The painted vac bodies were in "fair" condition.)

Another large box appears to have a ton of Strombecker track therein. I did see a hump bridge in the pile as well as some other odds and ends.

Lastly, there was a large box full of Tyco (I think?) HO track and some very small thumb bomb controllers. In this box was also two NOS K&B pistol grip/thumb plunger controllers still in their boxs. (Boxes are in very good condition and the controllers are excellent condition.) These are like the ones in my Aurora set back in the 60's. There were also some Russkit trigger/pistol grip controllers in very good condition.

Like I said... haven't taken the time yet to fully evaluate what I have... but I seriously doubt I'll be keeping any of it, for sure no HO will be retained. IF the stuff is worth saving/reusing... I'll eventually clean it up and post it here for any interested.

Andre
LAMing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Back Into Vintage... Without Really Trying!

Postby DHansen » Tue May 07, 2013 7:36 pm

Cool, it sounds like a great find. I have plenty of track, but may be interested in some of the Eldon stuff when you get it all sorted out.
DHansen
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Wed May 08, 2013 4:10 pm

i'd love to find another old russkit controller to replace the one i lost years ago.
speedy
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Wed May 08, 2013 8:09 pm

Cool Story!!

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Vintage Slot Cars