[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Guardian of the Galaxies!

Guardian of the Galaxies!

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

Guardian of the Galaxies!

Postby Quickcars » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:29 pm

I purchased the yellow a few months ago and finally decided to build it a running mate.

Now, I'm not a big fan of American steel but these big bangers do have a certain charm. My favorite is Dan Gurneys Galaxie. So, I picked up an AMT model kit, a top quality decal set, an H&R chassis and combined with my mediocre painting skills....Here it is!

20190920_131046_resize_53.jpg

20190920_131054_resize_26.jpg
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Guardian of the Galaxies!

Postby strummer57 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:47 pm

'Mediocre"? I think they look great!

I'm guessing 1/24?

Mark in Oregon
strummer57

Postby dge467 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:12 pm

Nice looking Fords!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:43 pm

On the other end here...these are my kinda cars. We need more in 1/32, instead of overhashed LeMans.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Quickcars » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:23 pm

"Overhashed"...LOL . 60's and 70's Lemans is probably the greatest period of road racing ever. The cars from that period are legendary and have been popular since the beginning of the hobby.

I grew up watching Wide World of Sports and listening to Jackie Stewart announce races. Road Racing is my thing. I just never understood the appeal of the Oval races. However, when it comes to slots, as long as magnets aren't involved I'm all for it.

I think Nascar or stock car racing was a LOT more interesting when all the cars didn't look alike. I've watched some old video of stock car racing at the old Riverside Raceway and it is some amazing stuff.

I do think Carerra did a nice job with there offerings of vintage Nascar. Scalextric transam are also fun to race. Pioneer and SCX also did a nice job with their Transam stuff.

My next build in this class will be a Charger!
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Xr4ti » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:24 pm

"Overhashed"...that is funny. I've got no opinion other than to say that #121 Dan Gurney Galaxy turned out nice!
Xr4ti
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:30 pm

To each their own. I stand by it. Because there is such a shortage of Euro road racers most people in the USA don't identify with :)

We need more of those Galaxies! :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Z-carfan » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:32 pm

Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby NHBandit » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:07 pm

We need 60s vintage Chevrolet Nascar cars too. I have a friend who was involved with the Revell/Monogram slot development a few years back and he told me they didn't make any Chevrolets because the royalty GM wanted was too high. So that's why there are only Mopars and Fords represented in those offerings. He does have a Chevy that was a prototype but never produced for sale that he says he will show me once he finds where he put it. Can't remember off the top of my head who the driver was. I'm with Harry though. I grew up watching my dad race a 56 Jag XK140 and all the other British and Italian sports cars but there are a ton of choices for those cars in the slot car world already. The last thing us "Yanks" need is more of those..
NHBandit

Postby Quickcars » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:30 am

Well, if a producer does step up to the plate to make more cars for the "yanks" among us, I do hope it's not Revell/Monogram or any other manufacturer that cant produce a decent chassis and round wheels. Those cars look nice enough but had to be practically rebuilt to run decent sans magnuts.

Pioneer would be my choice as Jules makes a nice running slot car right out of the box. Carerra did a nice job as well. Don't know why they haven't continued to broaden the selection of cars in this class. Was it poor sales? Lack of interest from the decision-makers? :?: Maybe the American market doesn't justify the expense for these Euro-based manufacturers. Whereas if you produce a 911, it will sell everywhere.

Thank the Lord Slot.it gave us the 2E. A splendid body (odd driver though) and great running chassis to match! Now, if only he'd make a 2D! :D
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Vintage Slot Cars