EJ's Hobbies

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

EJ's Hobbies

Postby Doubleshots » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:04 pm

I saw a comment that Ed is closing down. Say it ain't so! What's going to happen to all his stuff? A couple of years ago he told me about some big collection he had and was cataloging. Any idea what happened with that?

What are guys that like 1/8" threaded axles and jam nuts going to do now?!

Vince
Doubleshots

Re: EJ's Hobbies

Postby mattb » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:04 pm

He got the collections and spent over a year compiling a catalog and a cd of pictures of the cars. It is available to order from him. I haven't talked to him for several weeks, but he hasn't mentioned anything to me about shutting down. I will ask him and put this rumor to rest, if it is a rumor. For sure he has a lot of cars to sell before he can recoup his costs to buy that collection. I think we can count on him being around until he physically can't do it anymore.

he has had health issues, but is doing better now then he has for a couple years. I will post more after I talk to him.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:00 pm

I just talked to Ed and he has no idea how that shut down rumor got started. He is at the phone like always selling parts from his inventory and cars from the collection he bought. He has over 850 cars from around the world and he can be emailed or phoned. He has the cd's with pictures of all these cars and a price list for $5, I think. Call him and find out, or email.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby williamg » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:46 pm

The catalog is huge with all those cars, some cool stuff you never saw
williamg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Doubleshots » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:00 pm

That's good news! I'll give Ed a call.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Vince
Doubleshots

Postby BIG E » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:18 pm

Many years ago I used to have phone conversations with Ed for hours on end. I'm glad he's doing better and still in the slot car hobby, providing us all with those cool cars and parts from the golden years of the hobby. Excellent news, thanks for confirming his current status to everyone here. -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:23 pm

I had also heard that Ed was folding his tent,......good to hear he is still hanging in !!

I have not talked to him in quite a while, about time I gave the man a call.....he always has a few bits and pieces that I could use.

Cheers
Chris Walker
chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Vintage Slot Cars