[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Home Racing World • View topic - Ideal Motorific Slot Cars

Ideal Motorific Slot Cars

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

Ideal Motorific Slot Cars

Postby dge467 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:19 pm

I figured it was time to take some of my Motorific's out for a spin. These are from the 1960's and they are battery powered. They came with their own one lane track to run on. They are pretty nicely detailed. The one's in this video are a Mack semi, Ford box truck, GMC wrecker, Plymouth Barracuda, and a Pontiac Grand Prix. I am always looking for cars and parts.

Neat pile up at the end of this video. The white car is a Mercedes SL, and blue car is a Chrysler Imperial.

dge467
The King of Foil

Re: Ideal Motorific Slot Cars

Postby Fast Co. » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:11 am

Very cool. When I was a kid way back in 1966 I got a Motorific Torture Track set. That set didn't survive my five younger siblings, so a few years ago I purchase one online exactly like the set I had except the previous owner had included about a dozen cars! No trucks though. That wrecker is very cool! They appear to be about 1/43 scale. Have you given any thought to converting them to controllable slots?
Steve
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:19 pm

Sweeeet vids DG :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber: MEMORIES :D
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bdsharp » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:20 am

I had a new Torture Track too. (Can you imagine selling a toy today with "Torture" in the name?) Great fun for around ten minutes because that's about how long the carbon AA batteries of the day were good for.
bdsharp
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:27 pm

That's right, those carbon cells didn't last long. I ended up using my Motorific track as a highway for my Matchbox cars. Still, the Motorific was technically the first slot car track I ever had. The cars are highly detailed and the set was a welcome Christmas gift. Brings back very fond memories.
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:55 pm

Those are just plain fun to watch!!
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:57 pm

Thanks for looking. Steve, I have thought in the past to converting them to conventional slot cars but I think they are fun as is. I like to put a bunch of them on the track and just watch them go! 8-)
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Fast Co. » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:26 am

Understood. They are cool to watch going around the track. Do you know if someone makes replacement tires for these?

Cool track btw!
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:06 pm

Thanks. I bought repop tires for the cars on Ebay. The truck tires were done for me by a member here who I have not seen check in for a few years now.
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby BIG E » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:31 pm

Hey buddy, didn't know you were into this stuff. I sold two sets, an accessory pack, a bunch of loose cars, track and accessories as one big lot for a few hundred dollars at one of our Super Bowl slot car shows. That was at least ten years ago. Kept some of my favorite bodies for use on the Aurora O gauge Super Model Motoring chassis. I have a guy here who has NOS Barracuda Motorific bodies, red with black fastback roof. I believe they were all that color. Price should be very reasonable. PM me if you're interested. Cool stuff, my friend! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Vintage Slot Cars